Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Old vs New US Standard Bridge Plate Dimensions

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by DavidP, Nov 25, 2008.

1. DavidP

DavidP Tele-Afflicted

Has anyone been able to A/B the new 2008 US Std Tele bridge plate with previous ones? I'm thinking of ordering a new one on line, & need to know if the dimensions and screw holes are the same so the new one is simply a drop-in replacement (other than the two additional mounting holes at the front).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. johnny guitar

johnny guitar Tele-Meister

I have an American Series bridge plate and I just held it right over my new Am Std bridge plate, and they match up exactly (except for the fact that the new Std plate has two additional small screw holes on its top end to cut down on squeal. You could drill small holes into your Am Se tele no problem, to accommodate those holes). BTW, I think the mod is well worth it, as IMO the new plate blows away the old one. The new saddles are chrome plated and very ergonomically suited to a palm planted on them; plus, you get the cool Fender logo on the plate; plus the new screws to eliminate any squeal (which was sometimes a problem on the AmSe teles.)

3. DavidP

DavidP Tele-Afflicted

Thanks Johnny!!

Now to snag one!!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied

Good idea!

Once you have one in hand, pleez let us know how you did it!

6. DavidP

DavidP Tele-Afflicted

Hey BB...

FYI,I just snagged a complete 08 bridge assembly on ebay from "reliablefender" for $56.55. They are parting out new 08s and have been putting these on no reserve auctions on starting at $0.99. Just search for "2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster Tele Bridge US". The closing prices have been all over the map, but I lucked into one at the lower end! Good luck.

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied

Wow, that's a lot of bread. Does this tell us:

1) The swap is super easy, and lots of people are doing it;

2) Proof if you ever needed it that the lousy alloy brass of the Am Se plate really does hold back guitars and people now recognize this;

3) That the nation's financial crunch is not effecting everyone.

I was thinking $ 35-40 dollars.

Maybe FMIC will start offering the plate at MF but I bet it'll never be $ 20 like the Am Se one.

8. gsh1968

gsh1968 Tele-Holic

When I was looking a couple of months ago the average price was $80-$90 from reliablefender/Stratosphere, and that was when the exchange rate favoured me. I ended up getting a slightly used Am Series/Deluxe bridge for about $37.50 elsewhere, and I think I overpayed for that as well!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.