Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

OK Squier guys get your modding pics out

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ShadowChancer, Jun 13, 2013.

1. TeleMan59

TeleMan59 Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2011
    Midwest
    Stunning grain....what an amazing guitar!

Tele-funkster likes this.

2. duhvoodooman

duhvoodooman TDPRI Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Upstate NY
    Photo below is my Squier CV '50s Tele with a Duncan P-Rails at the neck, a GFS Fatbody 10K Overwound at the bridge, a GFS tort pickguard and a 4-way switch. The toggle for the P-Rails is installed through the pickguard at the very end of the wire routing channel. I leave the guitar tuned to open G for Stones & Black Crowes tunes, my pitiful attempts at slide, etc.

Also have a CV Custom Tele modded with a Nocaster bridge pickup, a Twisted Tele at the neck, and the Santellan Elek-Trix 4-way "Fat" Tone Monster solderless wiring kit. If you like to play around with pickup changes on your Tele, the Santellan product is something you should definitely check out. 100% solderless, very easy to install, and it uses a slider switch sytem that gives you a TON of different tonal options. (I am not affiliated with Santellan in any way, just a happy customer.) No photo of the CV Custom (other than my avatar), because it still looks dead stock from the outside, other than the white pearloid pickguard I installed!

[​IMG]

3. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw TDPRI Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Hailey, Idaho
    Nice modded CV DVM! I am following somewhat in your illustrious footsteps with my CVC, though will go in a bit different direction for the initial pickups. Glad the Santellan unit worked out. I am planning on using one.

4. organic

organic TDPRI Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Worcester UK
    BSB CV50, main mod is a Seymour Duncan mini-humbucker in the neck position. Also used that satinising trick to get some of that awful glossiness off the neck, and added an NMHRK decal for improved karma. :)

[​IMG]

5. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2010
    Ohio
    This is what I want to do to mine. I pretty much want to make it a hot rod tele. Did you use any special caps or pots for the humbucker/single coil mod? What did you use to knock off the gloss? Thanks

6. organic

organic TDPRI Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Worcester UK
    Not otherwise changed the electronics, but I'd like to find a mod to reduce the mini-hum's output just a little as with both p/u's selected it overpowers the single coil a bit.
    On the neck I rubbed it down with a nylon kitchen scouring pad, then buffed it up with furniture polish. Repeated the process about 4 times till it felt right. It's a tip I found on here.

7. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Went the whole hog - Oil City Pickups

got me a set of Oil City - Honky Tonk Angels - will fit them to either my VM or Classic Vibe 50s , according to the reports theey are the dogs bo.......ks , report to follow after fitting IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg a bit self indulgent but what the hell :twisted::cool::D

8. pedroamado

pedroamado NEW MEMBER!

Jun 20, 2013
    colombia
    Hi, i am building my own custom tele thinline with a mahogany (yes) body, an Urapo top (sort of like maple) and a maple neck and fingerboard, and im considering that fatbody gfs pickup for the bridge, how does it sound? are you happy with it?

9. picker61

picker61 TDPRI Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Independence Mo.
    ok here's mine..gotoh tuners, custom pickguard, reshielded, 100% wiring redone, american parts, Dimarzio Virtual Vintage neck and middle, Seymour Duncan Custom 58 set for the bridge, and angled like a tele.

Attached Files:

10. wired to go

wired to go Tele-Meister

Aug 22, 2010
    Bridgeport,NY
    Got a Very modded Squier Strat, But, Not a Tele.

gdsmithtx likes this.

11. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK
    Just finished ex-J5 with coil split Seymour Duncan '59 Custom hybrid bridge and original J5 HB neck. They work well together.
    Other bits are Gotoh tuners & bridge + complete rewire to 2H 1V 1T (standard is 2H 2V no tone) using CTS, Sprague and Switchcraft parts.

Attached Files:

12. duhvoodooman

duhvoodooman TDPRI Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Upstate NY
    Yeah, I like it. Definitely more of a rock tone--stronger mids & bottom end and not as much of the snappy bright Tele top end, but for me, that's a good thing.

13. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Icing on the cake for my CV50s mods

pretty much finished with my mods for my CV , wiring / Texas special pups / six saddle bridge , so got these , they are for a fender bass but they look quite cool to me anyway , :D :cool: IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

14. wildkat-bob

wildkat-bob Tele-Afflicted

May 14, 2013
    Beside a Mountain
    heres my before and after went with texas specials they just seem to transform the guitar.:lol:

Attached Files:

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Hipshot bridge, string through conversion.

But the upgraded tuners, nut and fret level and crown made more difference.

16. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Squier Fat Tele. New pickups, old Leo style bridge conversion, aftermarket Fattie neck.

17. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Wow wildkat bob - question ??

How did you get that amazing finish ??? , it`s truly a work of art , :D:D:D that is stunning :cool:

18. wildkat-bob

wildkat-bob Tele-Afflicted

May 14, 2013
    Beside a Mountain
    it's hydro graphics... dark walnut wood grain patern with a couple of coats of clear on top then a couple of coats of red translucent clear on top of it.

19. doof

doof Tele-Holic

My modded Affinity:

I converted it to an Esquire, and put a Cavalier Lion by Rob DiStefano in the bridge, and boy does this pickup do it all! I highly recommend checking it out if you are looking for a new bridge pickup.

Also, i put on a matte black All-Parts 5-hole Esquire pickguard, with black screws. I kept the original bridge, but did the Bubba-Mod to fit some brass saddles (CV50 brass saddles i got off of ebay). Tuners are GFS Vintage slotted tuners (very nice tuning stability for dirt cheap!), and i replaced the electronics with 250k CTS Pots and a Fender 3 way switch, and a Switchcraft jack with a metal All-Parts jackplate. Oh, and i sanded off the Squier logo and put on a Fender Esquire logo.

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]

20. bug10

bug10 Tele-Meister

Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    Two of mine.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.