Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

OK Squier guys get your modding pics out

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ShadowChancer, Jun 13, 2013.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Keystones, 4-way switch, treble bleed mod, .033 cap, vintage pearl pickguard. In the plans is a neck swap to one from a Nashville Deluxe.

Attached Files:

2. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Did my Classic Vibe today

six saddle bridge and fitted a grease bucket circuit under the hood , all new fendr parts including 3 way switch , originaly wired it with the delta circuit with no load pot etc and a treble bleed foll off circuit , disaster , made the thig so harsh it wasnt even musical so went for my tried and tested take on the ol classic GB , sweet :cool: :D nb use polyester caps and metal film resistor for best stability IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

3. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Squier Telecaster HS Special:

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Squier CV '50's VB TeleGibbed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 61fury

61fury Tele-Afflicted

Aug 28, 2009
    knoxville, TN
    Love the zebra stripes on that thing. Everything's just right on that guitar.

5. 61fury

61fury Tele-Afflicted

Aug 28, 2009
    knoxville, TN
    Where did the mint guard on the other one come from? I like the shade , mine, from GFS is starting to look fluorescent white green, it doesn't have much minty presence .

6. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    WD Music

7. vintage clubber

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Thank you!

8. threewayswitch

threewayswitch TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Dublin Ireland
    I really need to get better pictures of this, but here goes...

My Squier originally looked like this, a stock Classic Vibe Thinline:

[​IMG]

Originally I swapped out the pickups for a set of Texas Specials, then I swapped out the pickguard for a black one and finally I replaced the neck with a Warmoth solid rosewood neck. Now it looks like this:

[​IMG]

9. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Nice guitar!

10. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2010
    Ohio
    You guys do some really cool things with your Squires!

11. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw TDPRI Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Hailey, Idaho

12. Twangbanger 59

Twangbanger 59 TDPRI Member

May 17, 2013
    Woonsocket, R.I.
    [​IMG]

Here's my modified Squier Butterscotch Affinity telecaster. I got rid of the stock toploader bridge and replaced it with a Gold Plated all steel bridge which has Brass Vintage style saddles. I then installed a Fender Greasebucket tone kit and a set of Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster pickups along with a set of Fender 250K Pots and a all new Fender 3 way Tele switch. I just finished doing all of this a couple of days ago. I also erased the affinity logo from the headstock as well, so I guess you could say that I know have my own custom made Classic Vibe model. LOL.

13. ChrisTP90

ChrisTP90 TDPRI Member

Jan 9, 2008
    France
    Here is a VM Tele Custom P90, I changed the bridge as the original was a tad offset by a Strat type. I redid the finish and discovered a nice wood grain under the black paint and the thick epoxy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tintag27, Tele-funkster and PixMix like this.

14. lboorse2

lboorse2 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Philly 'Burbs
    Unfortunately, when I stripped my Custom II, it didn't have that grain underneather. I stained it Black Cherry, but got impatient with my clear coat. Pondering on whether or not to re-strip it and start over or what...

15. lboorse2

lboorse2 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Philly 'Burbs
    I won't show the Custom II, but I will show this similar project - Started life as a Squier Bullet $90 Guitar Center FSR Telecaster. I hated the neck and sold it, replaced it with a VM Custom neck. Sanded the black paint down and refinished with 1970's GM Medium Green Metallic. The Monte Carlo emblem was salvaged from my 77 Monte Carlo that I owned in the early 90's. It wore the same color paint with a white vinyl top.

Pickguard is a Warmoth Tele Deluxe with right side knobs and toggle delete. Pickups are Ephiphone Classics. Coincidentally, the standard Tele control route lines up perfectly with the left side controls of a Deluxe/Custom 70's style. I just had to extend the route about an inch and a half.

I just replaced the six saddle bridge with a 3 barrel "vintage style" Wilkenson half bridge. I actually have some adjustments to make there that are going to require some more work...

TeLEEcaster Landau edition.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

16. Minoan

Minoan Tele-Meister

Here's mine. Control plate reversed. Bridge pickup is a Rumpelstiltskin 1950 Black Rope wound to 14k. Neck pickup is a TV Jones Classic. 500k pots.

[​IMG]

17. jitensha

jitensha Tele-Holic

Mar 10, 2007
    Tokyo/Montreal
    Here's my MIJ '82 JV squire (its the first year after the Japanese factory started using the Squire name so its actually a bit collectable) The only thing I've really changed on it is add the brass Armadillo 6 saddle (andy summers) bridge. I also dropped a set of Bare Knuckle Brown Sugar pups into it. I love this guitar; I've had several teles over the years both US and Japanese Fenders, and this plays better then all of them (Its the only one I kept)

[​IMG]

18. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    [​IMG]

CV50 BSB converted into an "Es-squier" w/ a SD Broadcaster pickup. Simple!!

19. zag1

zag1 Tele-Meister

Dec 5, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Great lookin' picture gallery here in this thread. I've seen some beautiful Squiers. Guess I'll throw a little something in the mix.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      48 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      54.8 KB
      Views:

20. Troubleandahalf

Troubleandahalf Tele-Holic

Jun 2, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Blonde CV with mini humbucker. Gives me a mini Keef sound.
    I really want to get a pearloid pick guard. I'm an impatient fellow, and mainly used my soldering iron to widen to hole in the stock guard. Yes, I can make questionable decisions at times.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.