Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

OK Squier guys get your modding pics out

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ShadowChancer, Jun 13, 2013.

1. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Me and zakkwyldefan79 have shown you ours , lets see what else is going on in Squier modding land , we know you are out there , get posting :twisted: heres mine in case you missed it IMG_0813.jpg

2. Jadguitar

Jadguitar Tele-Meister

Jun 18, 2011
    AZ
    Before
    image-1182877050.jpg

After
    image-3419351509.jpg

And good looking guit. What is that a squier VM?

3. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

here's another before/after...:cool:

nothing like putting a router through a nice shiny finish...:twisted:

Attached Files:

4. zakkwyldefan79

zakkwyldefan79 TDPRI Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Ky
    ShadowChancer mentioned me in the first post but for those who have not checked out my thread. Here's a before and after pic. There are pics of every step of the modding in my thread, so check it out.

Stock:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

5. backporch guy

backporch guy Tele-Afflicted

Squier Affinity BSB, Warmoth conversion neck, Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups.

Attached Files:

GrantR likes this.

6. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

Squier Affinity, C.L. score, converted to 3-saddle vintage style bridge, Bigsby clone, home-made pickguard, GFS XL pups, little "star" conchos to hide holes from original bridgeplate. Logo was removed from headstock by previous owner; I don't remove logos from anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2010
    Ohio
    That looks really cool!

8. bunker

bunker TDPRI Member

May 31, 2013
    Scotland
    Lovin' the LP pickguard! :cool:

9. elelpe

elelpe Tele-Afflicted

May 1, 2008
    SEA
    I've done some mods to my Squier teles (sold some too) but these are the only pics that I have.

Squier Pro Tone Fat Tele with SD QP - P-Rails and Squier Pro Tone Thinline with Pro Tone Fat Tele bridge pu - Kent Armstrong neck pu (swapped neck)
    [​IMG]

The thinline turned into Emerald Green from Crimson Red. Some pickups change to this guitar including Dimarzio and Duncans. Only Keystones brought the best of it. No longer have it. Beautiful but somehow I couldn't gel with it.
    [​IMG]

The only Squier I have right now and my #1. Some pickups, pots and caps change too including Duncans, Nocaster, Keystones. Now it has Giovanni GVT1 bridge and unknown P-94 style pickup (I guess it's Showstopper from Axesrus)
    [​IMG]

10. lboorse2

lboorse2 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Philly 'Burbs
    El Cheapo - What's the story on yours? Is that a Standard?

11. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    not the best pics, but this is mine:
    CV blonde
    Gotoh tulip tuners
    Lollar CC neck pickup (raised really high)
    Duncan QP Bridge pickup
    wilkenson compensated dual load bridge (strung with 12's (switch between plain and wound 3rd) through the top--really adds to CC vibe for solid body)

Attached Files:

12. Leep Dog

Leep Dog Tele-Afflicted

Jan 3, 2011
    Texas
    Crappy pictures but they're all I have right now; I need to get some better ones. I put a Dimarzio Chopper T in the bridge and a Dimarzio Twang King in the neck and swapped pickguards.

Attached Files:

13. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

Another one I did; my current non-bender favorite. CV stcok with the exception of mint green pickguard, added binding and a VibraMate, which stays in tune extremely well. First pic is before I started; completely as off the rack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    CV 50's BSB body with a Squier Standard neck, recently Esquired. I'll have to take some better pics...

15. 61fury

61fury Tele-Afflicted

Aug 28, 2009
    knoxville, TN
    Mustang control plate, Gibson 3 way switch, tele cup jack, fore arm and belly cuts, tinted neck and new Squier decal, plastic Cali tuners.
    It was a BSB which was lovely but there are so many I wanted to make this mine. Inspired by the Mustang Pawnshop Special. This is Duplicolor GM light Blue , which is a tad too blue for me, I like it a bit more slate blue.
    And a GFS mint pickguard and the GFS rail humbucker. 3 barrel conversion with the Bubba mod, thanks Bubba. Neck is good, low action and no buzzing.
    I wanted to put the fat CBS era Strat headstock on it because it had a rosewood board but another project has claimed it. I wanted a fictional 60's kind of "Groovy"
    You can clearly see the outline of my control route plug in most lights, but, well, it was my first go at it.
    I am ok with my mistakes.

Attached Files:

tintag27 likes this.

16. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Here we go. The sun was out some today...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Jadguitar

Jadguitar Tele-Meister

Jun 18, 2011
    AZ
    NICE I'm taking your idea lol.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.