Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. DNestler

DNestler Tele-Meister

Played two gigs last weekend. One in the town of Guignicourt and the other in Compiègne. Saturday night my guitar player, Julien, and I have a gig in the village of Eppes.
    Rig is an Arrow G5 5 string hollowbody electric mandolin through my pedal board (Mooer Pure Octave, Origin Effects SlideRig, Boss SD-1 Overdrive, and a little used Boss BF-3 flanger), into an amp I'd like to replace but seems to be working (a Marshall MG30CFX). I use the clean channel exclusively.
    I close mic the amp and run it to the PA, always. That way there's no need for excessive volume and you get the same spread as the vocals and the acoustic guitar (a Rainsong OM-1000 going direct).
    Photo shows the G15DCR, which is a better amp, but less sturdy. It's currently in the shop. And it the photo was taken before I added the Mooer Pure Octave.
    Going stereo is a blast. The BF-3 really comes into its own when you give it two places to send signal. But not practical for gigging.
    IMG_5473.JPG

2. Guran

Guran Friend of Leo's

Friday, with the punk band, at a new venue called the Punk Barn. A guy we know has built his own venue in a barn on his property. This will be the first gig ever there! It's us and another band that I don't know one thing, except for their name, about.

Now, as this is in his own backyard the capacity is limited to 40. Tickets sold out yesterday. For the audience it's a BYOD (Bring Your Own Drinks) event.

I will bring the usual stuff fo gigs like this. The LP Jr and the Marshall half stack. Most likely a Tubescreamer too. For backup, either a Epi LP or a DC Epi LP Jr. I expect to be home not long after midnight.

Random1643 and teletimetx like this.
  3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I have one this afternoon.
    My friend Lamar and I have two one hour shows at a venue in the Triangle.
    I guess I better find out where!;)
    Lamar sings, plays piano and guitar brilliantly, and knows all kinds of songs and styles.
    I know this will be a country gig.
    We “dress” for our gigs, but nothing fancy.
    We wear what I call “tablecloth” checkered shirts, boots, nicer jeans and bandanas.
    All part of being in show business!;);)
    I usually play my avatar guitar guitar, though I’m also bringing my EJ Strat, fot fun,
    I’ll also use my trusty Roland Cube 80XL.
    Looking forward to it!

Random1643, teletimetx and Bob M like this.
  4. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Short 30-45 minute set with my psychedelic rock band this evening. Modeling board and MJT Telebomination will do the trick.

5. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

In a week I'm providing instrumental background music at an event at my wife's church. It's a first for me and I am working on a set list. Going to use a Gretsch White Falcon and a TVL Jazz Master. Amp will be a DV Mark 50 through a 2x10 (Emi Dallesandros). I'm trying to work in a Ditto looper. Not sure I'm confident with it yet.

Random1643 likes this.
  6. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

the weekly brewpub gig tonight. In addition to the tele, I'm planning on taking my 80's era SG, just for fun. One set with tele, one with SG. BF Tremolux, 2X10 cab, small pedalboard.

The guest artist tonight is a duo from Florida. A very folkity folk duo, more folk than you can shake a stick at. They've been through a couple times before. An extremely nice, husband and wife duo. Wonderful people, truly. Contrast is good. Life is good.

got a text earlier today from bass player - he still sick. Dang, hope he gets better soon.

Random1643 likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Next gig is the same place as our last one - same set up too. PRS & Tele through EH Pitchfork->Rocktron Banshee-> POD HD400-> PA.

Random1643 likes this.
  8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Wednesday June 5th from Noon to One PM MDT, The Colorado Green Band will be playing Live @ Lunch on KRFC-FM. It will be streamed live in Radio-Vision on Facebook and at www.krfcfm.org.

I'll be playing the MIM Strat into the DigiTech RP 360. There might be a second electric and an acoustic as well. I haven't decided.

9. brookdalebill

I have a guitar gig at 6 and a bass gig at 9.
    Cherry Creek Catfish Co first, and Donn’s Depot next.
    I’m going to play my Chet and Larrivee RS4 at the guitar gig.
    I’m bringing my rarely used Blues Cube Artist.
    I’m finally going to try my EH Canyon.
    It does delay, chorus and looping in a small, neat package.
    We will be trading the sax guy for a percussionist this time.
    Yes!
    Feel free to interpret that.
    On my bass gig I’ll use my PRS SE Kestrel and massive;) GK 2-12 rig.
    Looking forward to both!

Ron R, teletimetx and Random1643 like this.
  10. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Pretty excited about tonight. Get to play on a stage that I’ve seen one of my guitar idols play on, along with many other bands over the last 20 years. Just a small club, but I’m pumped.

Will play my MJT and send my modeling board to FOH with a powered monitor for stage volume.

11. brookdalebill

Today I have two, but both call for my avatar guitar.
    The first is with the great Tracie Lynn at H-Mart from 2:30-4:30.
    It’s a duo gig.
    TL and I do duo gigs often, so we sound our best!
    We play a food court, abd the venue provides a nice Fender BF Twin reissue.
    I’ll plug my EH Canyon in for delay.
    It will be it’s maiden voyage.
    Next is my regular first Saturday gig at Black’s BBQ in San Marcos.
    I love this gig!
    The pay, tips and BBQ (brisket and ribs) are all great!
    The band, with friends Billy and Frank is very “played in” and tight.
    Billy is a great bass player and songwriter.
    Frank’s a great drummer and singer.
    I’ll plug into my trusty Roland Cube 80XL.
    Looking forward!

Random1643 and teletimetx like this.
  12. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Thursday 6/13, Jacksons in Gastonia NC, 6 to 8. This is my bi-monthly gig. Good mix, Country, rock, maybe some Bluegrass..

B Bender and an Emmons D10 Steel

Fri 6/14, Mount Holly NC with the Jim Garrett trio at Tank Town Tavern 8 to 11

Dobro , and B Bender

teletimetx and Random1643 like this.
  13. brookdalebill

I have my regular bass gig Friday night.
    I’m kinda interested in an Alembic bass that’s consigned at my friend and former employer’s shop.
    I think I’m going to “demo” it.
    I can’t remeber the model, but the model is lower end, and about 20 years old.
    It has active electronics, and an interesting neck/body joint.
    It’s also 34 1/2 inch scale.
    Here I am modeling it recently.
    Maybe I’ll lay it away.
    Looking forward to Friday!
    E154E71F-40BA-45BD-B168-F7CA8C8626A5.jpeg

14. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Still feel like I'm gearing up for more solo gigs. I wanted to try out working with the new Line 6 amp, related software, dispensing for a while with pedals and tube amp, mostly running the setup from my laptop, etc. without the pressures of a paying gig. So I worked out a deal with a local chef/owner for 2 hours of live music on Saturday in exchange for a kerazy generous comp for drinks and (really delicious) food. He's one of those locally-sourced, scratch-made, low and slow kinda guys; knows how to smoke meat. https://chameleoncafemn.com/ I've already tried the new setup at acoupla duo gigs and things went fine, but there's that comfort level, ya know?

So it'll be my modded Gretsch G5620T-CB for standard & drop tuning songs, acoustic-electric parlor with a humbucker for open tunings songs, slide, and a banjo - also with a humbucker - via wireless transmitter into a Line 6 Spider V 120w amp that's miced with an SM57 to a Fishman Fish Stick sound system. SM58 for vocal. I've got the Spider Remote app for managing the amp running on my laptop, along with the setlist and some lyric sheets (on PowerPoint slides) for new songs. Now I gotta figure out how to run my sound system via Bluetooth. ;)

teletimetx and brookdalebill like this.
  15. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Nice! The gent that play bass with me has an Alembic Series 1 as his main bass, but he also has one of these Epic 4 strings. His is a 93. He fully recommends it and said if you want any information or input on it he'd be happy to respond to you. If you wish, PM me and I'll send you his email address. Either way good luck and I hope you enjoy it!

brookdalebill likes this.
  16. brookdalebill

Thanks!
    If I am fortunate enough to score it, I will!

Fret Wilkes likes this.
  17. DNestler

DNestler Tele-Meister

Joyeux Fete de la Musique!
    I'm off to the village of Noureuil near the town a Laon this evening. Gonna play a set in the park.

Gear:
    Arrow G5 hollow body emando through my usual pedals (mostly a SlideRig, maybe a bit of overdrive) and into a (meh) Marshall MG30CFX. (The Ampeg JetII will get onto the stafe, but it needs a little tune up and a power soak unit first)
    Paul Hathway octave mandolin through an Orchid Electronics preamp straight to the board.

Daniel

Paul in Colorado likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.