Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. WireLine

WireLine Tele-Holic

Mar 23, 2003
    Midland TX
    Friday evening VFW dance in San Angelo with Swing Machine, 5 piece Western swing band I’ve been with a couple years now.

Gig will be the debut of a highly modded MiM Strat, with a Duncan Broadcaster at the bridge, staggered Strat in middle, cool rails at neck, ObsidianWire blend configuration...up is pure Strat, back is Tele...yeah, man. Backup Edith the Esquire in my avatar or my ChickenPickin Les Paul Deluxe

Amp? Such a small stage, likely Quilter 101 into Mojo 112/Lil Texas neo speaker, all effects from a Boss ME70...not the best, but the smallest footprint

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Colorado Green Band, Oak Street Farmers Market (Weather and authorities permitting) here in Fort Collins on Oct. 20th. 9 AM - Noon. We're playing as a trio since the drummer will be out of town. I'm going acoustic for the day. Taylor 812 C > Baggs preamp > PA. Steel guitar and bass will be the other instruments. Playing a lot of new songs since the last time there.

Random1643 likes this.

3. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I haven't been out yet, but I'm about to go busking!

4. Fenderslinger

Fenderslinger TDPRI Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Trying out a different rig for the next gig!

The show:

https://www.facebook.com/events/365411467331758/

The rig:

[​IMG]

>Goodsell Super 17 mkii
    >1x12 cab w/ EVM12
    >Tele into TS9, Archer Klone, EP+ custom boost, Cali 76, Mr Black deluxe deluxe plus

EDIT: The opening band just let me know they lost their bass player and asked me to fill in on bass with them. Hey i'm going to be there anyway so I said what the hell!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018

5. Paul in Colorado

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I like the Sho-Bud cab. But an EVM-12 with a metal dust cap?

Fenderslinger likes this.

6. Fenderslinger

Fenderslinger TDPRI Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Los Angeles
    It's a fender badged EV with metal dustcap from an 80's fender rivera era concert amp! It sounds amazing

[​IMG]

Paul in Colorado likes this.

7. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    Wednesday of this week at the Armory in Gastonia NC, some sort of special event, 1 to 3. Typically I would be playing Steel and Guitar but this gig is 4 pc I'm on guitar only so I'll have to play the stock Steel parts ( intro's and turns) on the B Bender...."oh how awful " :)

Thursday of this week, the bi monthly gig at Jacksons in Gastonia NC, 6 to 8 . Emmons Steel and one of the Telecasters.

IMG_8970.JPG

Random1643 and Paul in Colorado like this.

8. Gene O.

Gene O. Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Sep 20, 2015
    Canton, Ohio
    Doing a duo gig on Sunday for a couple hours at - of all places - a guitar show! Hmm... playing within earshot of a large number of area guitarists and dealers... what could go wrong. :lol: I don't know what I'm going to use yet - acoustic or electric.

I may be sorry I accepted this one.

Random1643 likes this.

9. Paul in Colorado

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Wow! I've never seen one of those. Just when you think you've seen everything... And in a Sho-Bud cab to boot!

Fenderslinger likes this.

10. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Mar 23, 2003
    Harmony, R.I.
    Last outdoor show of the year at a friends house party. Sunny and 55deg is the forecast, so brisk, but should be OK.

I'll be using a Quilter Micropro Mach 2 head through a HRDlxe that I converted to a speaker cabinet only, loaded with an EMI Red White and Blues. Guitars will be my "JG Alligator Homage" Strat, and my trusty 2000 52RI Tele. Pedals will be Barber Tone Press, Boss Tu2 Tuner, EHX Soul Food, Nobels ODR-1, Boss CH-1 chorus, and a Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay. I also plan to mess around with the Quilter OD in the amp, and the amp Trem. Should be fun!

Random1643 likes this.

11. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2011
    Branson, Mo
    Playing a charity benefit at a country club on Saturday with a big-band. The event has a Gatsby theme, so we’re starting with a set of 1920s standards.

Then there is a set with a featured singer, Dez Duron, who was a finalist on The Voice, who is singing ten Sinatra numbers and “Feeling Good,” which Nina Simone made famous. We have run through some arrangements in rehearsals, but will have no opportunity to practice with the singer in advance of the performance.

We conclude with playing some dance music from the big band era.

I’ll be trying out my fat nylon-wrapped strings on my Peerless semi-hollow body and may bring along my Strat just for a change. It will be a five hour gig. A long time to wear a tux, and then an hour drive home.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.