Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    upright bass, k&k, quilter for a 40 min society gig on the 27th

1930s cruise ship travel theme

Django & Co.

Nickadermis, -Hawk- and teletimetx like this.

2. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    Both!!

3. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    2 man acoustic (bass & guitar) coffee house gig, so the gear is very simple. Bass man will bring a practice amp, not too much amplification, I'll have my Applause electric/acoustic, and we'll have two vocal mics just so we don't have to scream.

4. swampyankee

swampyankee Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Feb 5, 2015
    Southeastern MA
    Tele or Strat and Dearmond-equipped Gretsch G3140 through a Vibroverb RI with a Bad Monkey to drive it at times. Mostly 50's and 60's rock n roll

5. Knowcaster

Knowcaster Tele-Meister

Jun 30, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Our band is playing a place we have never played before this coming Saturday, called The Royal Place. Must be a real high class joint, with a dining room that is separate from the bar area. We will do our usual three sets of classic rock, with a couple of new tunes thrown in. As usual, I will be playing my SG most of the time, but may break out the Tele for a few songs. My amp is my Katana 100 with the six button footswitch to change between preset channels and internal effects, no pedals involved. I am still tweaking the settings but so far I like the setup.

brookdalebill likes this.

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Tomorrow I have two gigs.
    The first is a bass gig with a pedal steel guitarist and drummer.
    I’ll be singing on this one.
    I’ll play my PRS Kestrel bass and my GK amp.
    My next gig is at my usual Tuesday haunt.
    I’m on guitar on this one.
    I’m going to use my avatar guitar, Gretsch Chet and Roland Cube 80XL.
    Looking forward to them!

7. trahx

trahx Tele-Meister

Dec 30, 2004
    Timber Town USA
    Playing a small gig on Saturday, keeping it simple - Tele, TS9, Hot Rod Deluxe

8. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2016
    Texas
    Gig the 31st so just added Blue Moon Over Texas (Blue Moon Of Kentucky) to our setlist because of the occurrence of the Super Blue Blood Moon. Instead of the Bill Monroe bluegrass style we are using a train beat. Still working out a lead with the B Bender, but I have till tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    brookdalebill likes this.

9. NJ Deadhead

NJ Deadhead Tele-Meister

Jan 25, 2017
    Greenville, SC
    Yoga Session at a Brewery.
    Solo instrumental gig.

Squire CV Tele > Holy Grail Reverb > Grand Canyon (for looping) > Fender Greta > 1x12" cabinet.

I'll be playing some Dead themed stuff and some jazz...just improv over some basic chord changes. They pay me in beer :) nice Sunday morning chill time.

10. brookdalebill

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Tonight I have my regular gig at my, uh, regular gig.
    I’m going to shake it up a little by playing two borrowed guitars.
    My friend John loaned/stored his G&L Broadcaster with me.
    I gave it “my” setup, and it plays great.
    Another friend of mine had one of those when they were new.
    Unique guitars!
    I’m also going to bring my “borrowned” EJ Strat.
    Hopefully, that. will make the proceedings more interesting.
    Yes, I’m baked with this one.
    Yeah, I know, most guys would kill for a regular gig.
    Yes, that’s all I’ve got to whine about.
    Shutting up now.
    Thanks for listening.

teletimetx likes this.

11. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    our next one is at this nice little club on the edge of Piedmont Park in Atlanta, for those of you who might know where that is. My usual stuff, tele or strat, decent pedalboard with decent pedals, and Fender Deluxe.

After that, it gets crazier. Flying to Texas for three gigs at Red Gorilla Austin Festival (part of SXSW). All backline, travelling light. Probably guitar, wah, Zoom G1X, tremolo pedal (might not even need that)

Would like to use my "good" pedalboard for those but logistics will not allow. Funny, nobody has ever cared or even noticed when I've used the Zoom. Still sounds like me I guess.

12. brookdalebill

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Tonight my duo, One Lane Bridge is playing our monthly first Thursday gig at House Wine.
    We’ll sing through a Fishman Loudbox Performer and I’ll play my Goodall RCJC through my Roland Cube 80XL.
    We’ll both sing through Audio Technica M8000 mics.
    They are great, and incredibly inexpensive mics!
    Hopefully friends Scott and Kelly will come by and sit in.
    The weather should cooperate.
    Looking forward, cold and nasty weatcher has cancelled the last couple of gogs there.
    I’ve been playing there for six years now.
    Kewl!

teletimetx likes this.

13. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Weekly Wednesday night brewpub gig. will take regular rig, flattop + tele; the woman/owner of the venue has announced tonight's show as a Valentine's Day show, so I've added a few more ballad-y type acoustic songs to the set list. It's her place. I like the gig. Still, I bring tele + amp and play some rock. but I will play it all heartfelt and stuff...

14. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Playing for a cooking team at the Houston Rodeo BBQ cookoff, next Friday and Saturday.

Load in is a pain, have to walk about a mile to the hotel, parking sucks, and it might rain (we'll be in a tent though).

But I'm doing it as a favor for the head cooker who is a good friend of mine (we did it a couple of years ago too)

But it's kind of a big deal to say you played at the Houston Rodeo, so I'm still looking forward to it.

Standard small setup - drums, bass, my '63 Tele (of course!), Fender HR DeVille 2x12, Digitech RP500, basic monitors and speakers on stands. The area we play is only about 20' x 40' so it's cozy!

Cheers,
    Doug

teletimetx likes this.

15. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    The Colorado Green Band is playing the Winter Farmers Market at the Opera Galley in Fort Collins Saturday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The four of us will be stuffed under the stairway. The drummer is bringing her mini-kit, a converted bohran for a kick drum, bongos for toms plus a snare and cymbals. Bass will go direct into the PA, a Bose L1 Stick with sub. The steel player uses a Fender Champ, I think I'm going to borrow the drummers 1 watt Blackstar for the electric, my MIM Strat and pedals. Also playing the Taylor 812C acoustic with a Baggs preamp into the PA, a Mackie 1202 mixer, reverb unit and dbx Go Rack for processing.

teletimetx likes this.

16. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

Aug 14, 2009
    innsmouth, MA
    our next gig is as the only band playing at a post punk dj night at a pub.

teletimetx and Minimalist518 like this.

17. raito

raito Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    Just because I'm in that sort of mood today...

Next gig time: Tonight at about 8:30 pm.
    Next gig place: Upstairs.
    Next gig gear: Vocal only, taking requests.
    Next gear pay: a hug and a kiss on the cheek

Paul in Colorado likes this.

18. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    I'll be playing electric bass in a 45 min concert of Italian pop music in April. Either my Yamaha BB400 or a new Ibanez, whichever looks cooler, and probably run through the 40w SFBMR and 2x12. Not a dance gig, so the equipment pressure is low.

19. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    this

[​IMG]

with this

[​IMG]

and probably these two

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Next gig is Saturday night at the same venue where I play every Wednesday. It's a reunion of the house band - all the players who have been in the band and some of the regular sit-ins as well. Just taking the tele and Princeton. Stage may be a little crowded. Will be happy to see former bandmates and do some songs from five years ago - oh, wait, that was seven years ago...time flies, etc.

-Hawk- likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.