Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    so whats your next gig or gigs this weekend and what gear will you bring ?

Fri night I am on Pedal Steel with a Country Music group on a dance circuit gig, Emmons Push Pull Steel and PV Nashville 112..

Sat afternoon I am on an outdoor trio acoustic gig, Taylor 414CE, Baggs Venue DI box and a mic.

JustABluesGuy, dotpc and ndcaster like this.
  2. RollingBender

RollingBender Tele-Holic Vendor Member

May 14, 2011
    SW Minnesota
    Saturday playing outdoors for the local Buddy Walk. Tele and steel both running through a Fender Mustang Floor directly into the PA.

dotpc likes this.
  3. telexander

telexander Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2015
    Tejas
    Thursday: Dekley S12 ~~> Session 500 (with mod), Tele ~~> SFTR
    Friday: Dekley AND Tele ~~> Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
    Saturday: Ditto Friday
    Sunday: Gibson Super 400 ~~> Excelsior (with Eminence upgrade)
    Tuesday: Stelling Bellflower and Dobro Model 27 Deluxe (both with new K&K pups) ~~> Session 500 (no mod)

4. Rublalup

Rublalup Tele-Meister

Apr 21, 2015
    Colombia
    Saturday night at a restaurant terrace. Soft rock with 5 piece band. Tele + tremolo pedal + Rk5 flyrig + power engine 60

5. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    Western Canada
    Oct 5. Rock, Blues, Country Pop cover band. 4 pc.
    1971 Super Reverb
    Fulltone Fulldrive II
    Budda Bud Wah
    EHX SMMw/Hazarai
    POG2
    Bogner Ecstacy Red Pedal
    2004 Strat
    2014 Strat

cboutilier and simond like this.
  6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Saturday the 19th, the North Fort Collins Farmer's Market with The Colorado Green Band. I'll be bringing a Taylor acoustic, my MIM Strat and the G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe for it's maiden voyage. A little pedalboard and a Peavey Backstage Plus to complete the rig. The PA is a Bose stick and sub-woofer with a little Mackie 1202, an EQ and a Reverb unit. Even though it's outdoors, we can't be too loud because the vendors need to be able to talk to their customers. We get paid in tips and Market Bucks. Tomatoes are quite exceptional this year.

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  7. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2007
    Washington, DC
    My band is playing for an hour this Sunday at a big outdoor festival in Silver Spring. We do loud scuzzy lo-fi rock. Totally inappropriate for this event, but this is the third year they've had us back, so go figure. I'll be playing my esquired tele through my AC15C1 miked up through the PA.

8. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    Well, when I get back to Brazil, it'll be on Friday night at the center of town playing with a little Brazilian band that plays mainly Bossanova and Brazilian folk music and a little bit of old R&R. I'll have my 60's Roadworn Strat (w/ D.Allen pickups) and a FlyRig 5 to plug into the PA. Its surprising how good that "combo-in-a-gigbag" sounds.

Grateful Ape likes this.
  9. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    A big block party event at a major Denver brewing company, as part of the Great American Beer Festival weekend. Rocking surf, with an American Standard cherryburst Strat through my Quilter Micro Pro Mach 2 head and a 1x15 cabinet with a Weber California.

10. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Beatles drumless tribute gig - I'll be plugging my Guild 175 into whatever amp they have at the venue and yelling SHE LOVES YOU YEAH YEAH YEAH!

Grateful Ape likes this.
  11. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    2003 Gretsch 1959 Chet, 30-ish year old B bender part o caster, Roland Cube 80XL, grey Fender cord, Dunlop EJ pick.
    My bass gig is a used $100 Yamaha bass, and a short Bill Lawrence cord into a tiny old GK bass amp.
    Best rigs I've I ever had, and I've had a bunch of gear.
    Tonight is my 5 piece at a pub, tomorrow is a 3 piece songwriter band at a restaurant, Friday I have a duo bass gig at a senior living center, after that the debut of another songwriter trio, after that my regular lounge gig.
    Saturday I have a trio country gig at a smoky, out of town beer joint.
    6 gigs in 4 days, 6 different bands, wish every week was like this!

JustABluesGuy and ndcaster like this.
  12. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Friday at a local bar with ska/reggae band. Logan Bigsby Tele with various pedals into a BDRI.

13. Tim Bowen

Tim Bowen Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Atlanta/Rome, Georgia, US
    Next one's on Friday, bar gig. Strictly a guitar job, which I have to admit is a nice break from my multi-instrument jobs. This one's all covers, variety of styles.

I'll be bringing my Larrivee LV-03E cutaway acoustic-electric guitar, shoebox-sized Phil Jones AAD Cub AG-100 SS amp that weighs 11 lbs, small pedal board, favorite mic stand, Kyser capo, LP egg shaker, Hohner plastic kazoo (I prefer the reedy, fuzzbox-like timbre of plastic kazoos to the metal ones, but that's just me), and favorite red tip jar .

14. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    tonight. My weekly house band brew pub gig. Logan tele, small pedal board, Ampeg Gemini II. We do a fairly broad range of covers with a small sprinkling of originals. This week I'm also bringing an electric mandola; the Eastwood Airline version (stock photo attached). Bandmate wants to do Mr. Tambourine Man (he brings our Byrds covers), so the mini-humbucker and double courses bring a little extra jangle. I've written an original or two with this thing, so those will get played as well.

Attached Files:

15. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    Saturday. Tele, fender amp, bd 2. Cs 3 and memory toy or perhaps dd7.

Rock and roll daddy.

16. asatfan

asatfan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Saturday, 19th, Logansport, Indiana. Midwest Porsche Club gathering at what looks to be, a very nice ranch. My gear will be the same as usual....G&L Asat with Evans Pull String, little old 30 watt Crate tube amp. Should be fun.

dan1952 likes this.
  17. filmtex

filmtex TDPRI Member

Jul 21, 2015
    South Texas
    Friday night playing "classic rock" with my three-piece at a car show/burger joint here in south Texas. I'll use my 2014 Fender Precision bass Special and Harte HD150 combo amp. As you can tell I'm a bassist though I do have a Tele and am doing my best to learn to play it.

18. Chris Callahan

Chris Callahan Tele-Holic

Nov 3, 2006
    Tucson AZ
    Thursday at a little wine bar, stripped down surf, just me and the bass player. I'll be using a Fender Custom Shop 63 Telecaster (dirty relic, Tennessee Orange!) through an Echoplex and a Carr Vincent :)

19. adkima00

adkima00 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 27, 2012
    10/2 historical society Oktoberfest. Most of the gig will be on my les Paul. A few acoustic songs on my Taylor and a few stones tunes in open G on my tele. Then repeat two weeks later at a local bar/restaurant..

20. picknfool

picknfool Tele-Holic

Jun 4, 2003
    Oakland, Ca.
    With my Americana trio on Saturday, my Perlman custom acoustic, my mutt Nashville Tele, and some pedals and harmonicas. The house has a Music Man amp and p.a.. With a retro-rock/blues quartet on Sunday, the Tele, my mutt Strat and my '69 335, some pedals, and a Mustang III.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.