Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ok not to finish pine?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by JamGuy541, Dec 26, 2016.

1. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2012
    Central PA

2. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    it looks great, Jam Guy! I love it.

3. JamGuy541

JamGuy541 TDPRI Member

Dec 15, 2016
    State of Jefferson
    Thanks. I'm really enjoying it. You never know when your building a partscaster if everything will come together and you'll end up with a keeper. This one turned out to be a keeper. Loving the huge neck profile too... my second tele project to use an Allparts TRO-fat neck... fantastic necks.

4. thunderbyrd

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    i finally got it together. this is about 3 or 4 coats of tru oil, kinda thick.

20170209_201847.jpg

awasson and Tremade like this.

5. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Looks great! Is that pine? It looks more like Alder or Ash to me. How does that humbucker/PAF pickup balance with the single coil bridge? Really nice looking guitar!

6. JamGuy541

JamGuy541 TDPRI Member

Dec 15, 2016
    State of Jefferson
    I think I ended up doing 6 or 7 coats... but using the sponge like I did to apply it made for really thin coats. Think you mentioned it in another post... while it may not look like a pro refund it looks pretty darn good and I couldn't be happier. Nice job with yours!

thunderbyrd likes this.

7. thunderbyrd

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    it's a one piece ash body. (no idea what brand it is) it's hard for me to judge how it sounds as a tele, cause i'm most familiar with strats and les pauls. i can tell you i think it sounds great, with a spanky clanky sound. it has the kind of thing you hear going on with Robben ford's tele.

i think the 'bucker and bridge balance together real well, but somebody who know's their teles might think different. it sounds fine to me, tho.

awasson likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.