Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ok, I've finally had it with pedals...caution: Rant

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by WetBandit, Sep 2, 2017.

1. brobar

brobar Tele-Meister

May 30, 2017
    Colorado

2. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016
    Yea I've seen that one. And as I said a few hundred posts back. Brian is a nice guy and has been pretty transparent about his slice of the industry...

I really like his video on the "magical op amps" or something like that...where he goes into detail why there is no such thing really.

3. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Holic

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma

He makes some great pedals from the research I've done, but I still haven't shelled out the cash

4. cyclopean

cyclopean Tele-Afflicted

Aug 14, 2009
    innsmouth, MA
    my band's full length is going to be a cassette, because you can make any run size you want, because wait times to get vinyl pressed are getting absurd, and because cds seem disposable.

5. cyclopean

cyclopean Tele-Afflicted

Aug 14, 2009
    innsmouth, MA
    that's only if what you want is "good tube amp tone". there's a whole other world of guitar sounds out there.

WetBandit likes this.

6. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016

The velvet fuzz i have is pretty incredible if you don't like a traditional "unwieldy" fuzz pedal.

I would have shelled out for a new one probably, but luckily I found one used for an absolute steal at $60...and the guy delivered it.

I've noticed it responds (to me) better with my single coil equipped guitars. The humbuckers always seem a bit muddy and bass heavy running through it.

His "amp in a box" pedals are no joke either. I tried both the pinnacle and the plexi drive and they were both pretty killer. But they didn't seem to react well if using an already driven amp which is how I prefer to get the bulk of my gain.

Certain pedals they offer I can totally justify the cost of and some I can't even come close...

If he actually made the "Hairstortion" I would buy it just on principal.

Their customer service is top notch also, my VF has a faulty foot switch and they offered to honor the 5yr warranty even though I got it used....which I thought was just mind blowing!

Great outfit....just need to be realistic with some of their offerings imo.

7. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2016

I think everyone goes through the "plug strait in" phase at some point in their guitar journey.

I find it helps establish you're primary "tone" as a player...then after that you can start to add things for
    "effect".

8. Austinato

Austinato Tele-Meister

May 13, 2017
    Huntington Beach via Reno
    Wrong again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.