Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Official World Cup 2018 TDPRI Mosh Pit!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, Jun 13, 2018.

1. scottser

scottser Tele-Afflicted

Mar 6, 2009
    dublin
    it's a good thing england practiced their penalties. 3 and a half hours without a goal from open play in the last 2 games and with their next game against a very mean swedish defence it's likely they won't score on saturday either.
    still, good luck to them.

2. Bendyha

Bendyha Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 26, 2014
    Northern Germany
    Crazy futuristic vision from 1935...

upload_2018-7-6_14-8-1.png

tintag27 likes this.
  3. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    My brother-in-law somewhat prematurely messaged "England next! Perfekt!" just before the end of stoppage. Turned out he was right in the end, but I had the same feeling - the England that won that match is probably a little different than had they just prevailed in normal play.

4. schnulli

schnulli Tele-Meister

Aug 22, 2010
    Germany
    So the French team is still on track, although the Uruguayan keeper assisted a bit (as did the absence of Cavani). Congratulations to our neighbours. :)

Next up Brazil vs. Belgium. Now that will be an interesting one (rooting for Belgium).

felis likes this.
  5. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    I grew up in Brazil (in an American family) and had to learn the basics of baseball and football when we moved back. This is my sport, and World Cup-wise Brazil is my team.

But whenever I talk about how I want Brazil to win, people look at me like ...oh...that guy...the one who roots for the winning team all time.

No one outside of Brazil seems to like the team, so I usually keep it to myself.

I'd like to see France/Brazil and England/Croatia next round. But Brazil has to deal with Belgium first.

Brazil has a talent for winning gloriously, and losing in the same fashion. It is rarely a sure thing. Like jazz--when it's good, it's almost inexplicable. When it's bad, it's truly painful to watch.

Kriticaster and bodevelho like this.
  6. schnulli

schnulli Tele-Meister

Aug 22, 2010
    Germany
    Ouch, Brazil.

:eek:

RoyalBaby likes this.
  7. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Holic

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    Salt in the wound that! Lovely goal.

8. schnulli

schnulli Tele-Meister

Aug 22, 2010
    Germany
    Fantastic game so far. Fun!

:)

felis and Mjark like this.
  9. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Holic

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    Great game.

felis and Mjark like this.
  10. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

A big night for European football.... both Belgium and France scoring goals and defending well, go through...

not such a great week for Sth American football.... it's been a while since they were all knocked out before the semis... maybe they all need to work on their defense..:twisted:

get up!, Neymar... you can't dive your way to a win anymore....:rolleyes::D

11. felis

felis Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2011
    Antwerp/Belgium
    We have never (this generation, with Martinez as coach) played yesterday's tactical system before.
    Even I was surprised how Martinez let us play, great performance from our guys and staff.

Flaneur, rze99 and trev333 like this.
  12. bodevelho

bodevelho Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

May 19, 2018
    EUA
    All of my bracket picks have been eliminated. No more American or African sides.

At this point I'll pull for Sweden.

13. trev333

I thought the first Belgium goal, the near post header from the corner was brilliant..

I sure most of the Brazillian defenders( and people watching) thought the ball would go high into the middle of the box and they marked all of Belgium's "tall timber" for the shot.....

they never saw that goal coming....

14. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Courtois. Heroic brilliant performance. There has been some phenomenal keeping. Cracking game .Well done Belgium!

felis likes this.
  15. trev333

Come on! England.... you can't let the Swedish through....;)

it will give them the excuse to play lots of ABBA music.....:eek:

save us..give your fans some open play goals this time...:D

rze99 likes this.
  16. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Macedonia, Ohio
    Way to go England!

17. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Wayhay! Wonderful. Again, a fantastic performance from the keeper, Pickford. Top man. Maguire also marvelous.

18. BobTheOwl

BobTheOwl TDPRI Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Sheffield UK
    Whilst its not confirmed that football actually is coming home, I do understand that it has enquired about flight times and is hoping to be back home next sunday evening UK time! #itscominghome

rze99 and RoyalBaby like this.
  19. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    INGERLAND
    INGERLAND
    INGERLAND

Alamo likes this.
  20. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.