Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Official 2018 NFL thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Sep 2, 2018.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    That run was incredible

2. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I only started watching after half time..... I can't believe Chicago let Rodgers have such an easy last qtr on one leg...

why didn't they blitz him a few times and put him out of the game?.....

hands off the brother, he's injured....:rolleyes:

3. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    it's called sportsmanship

4. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Well, they went! :)

5. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    did the bears choke or did rodgers just destroy them...i think both

broadcaster likes this.
  6. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    ha...they are like sharks...when they smell blood...youre done...i dont think the bears olfactory senses were working too well tonight

7. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    Aaron Rodgers is a bad, bad man.

8. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

what? let the other team beat you because they have an injured guy?.... oh right, professional football is a gentlemans game now....:twisted:

Chicago choked.. how will they live this local derby down.....:D

9. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Well at least the losing streak is over,
    but, the not the no win streak..

Chip, teletimetx and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  10. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I'm betting Rodgers is injured more than he's letting on. He doesn't want to sign the biggest contract in NFL history and then not play.

11. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Hope you're wrong about that

You guys catch Danica cheering him on last night? that may well have given him some inspiration ;)

12. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I wish Rodgers would play like a conventional QB and the Packers would run conventional offensive more often. Moving through progressions quickly and decisively. Taking what the defense gives and releasing the ball quickly. He’s so good at that and would take less hits. And the offense wouldn’t bog down so often.

broadcaster likes this.
  13. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    The Bears had a monster first half....and then they turned back into the Bears.

14. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Leave it to the Browns to end a 17-game losing streak... with a tie. :lol:

That said, I do think this Browns team will be a decent unit--certainly better than what they've been the last few years.

My Saints looked exceptionally Saint-like yesterday. Gave up 400 yards and 4 TDs to a backup. Jameis Winston's backup.

Niiiiiice. :eek:

regularslinky likes this.
  15. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Winston has been less than stellar in his career so far. I don't expect the Bucs to put up 48 every week but if Fitz continues to play well it'll be interesting to see what they do when JW comes back from suspension.

Colo Springs E likes this.
  16. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    That's what Pittsburgh ended up doing with Roethlisberger 3-5 years ago: get him to shift his playing style from a scrambling, backyard football QB to getting the ball out quicker and staying healthy. Too many broken bones, shoulder injuries, head injuries, etc. I guess lots of other teams have had to make that kind of QB adjustment in the past too - a wise business decision and football decision for teams with expensive starters like Rodgers. Helps out the O-line too.

That being said, I do like to see a QB who can hustle and extend the play behind the line, pump fake and make a miracle happen. I remember watching McNabb scramble with the ball for like almost 14 seconds one time on 3rd and something, juking back and forth, looking downfield. It was amazing. I don't even remember if they converted it!

17. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I agree. But somehow Rodgers and the Pack go from using his extreme skills to maximize a sound offense, to building an offense around those skills, at the expense of sound offensive principles (and his health) IMO. Simply put, I think he is he best in in football at reading progressions, making the quick, right decision and making the accurate, hard throw. That gives the Pack a HUGE advantage. And then when plays do break down, his ability to scramble is an added bonus. But treating every play like it has broken down before it starts is counter-productive, iMO.

18. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Apparently, Von Miller showed back up for work.

Broncos!

william tele and BB like this.
  19. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    Von Miller is unreal. That Mack guy in Chicago was (is!) amazing for coming to a new team with little to no practice and do what he did. My team Seahawks get to travel to the windy city for Sundays game against a mad,mad team. Go Hawks!

teletimetx likes this.
  20. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Man! Anyone watch Ravens@Bengals last night? Cincinnati totally OWNED the first half! Well, the first quarter anyway. Watching AJ Green get 3 TD catches in a row felt like witnessing history (despite it probably not being historically superlative.)

I was rooting for the Bengals at first, but found myself rooting for Flacco in the second half. "Get it together man! You've got the arm - just don't make any dumb throws into coverage!"

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.