Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Official 2017 MLB Post Season Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fendrguitplayr, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Man, feel bad for Cleveland. Hats off to the New York Yankee fans.

fendrguitplayr, uriah1 and Wyzsard like this.

2. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

I was hoping for a rematch between the Cubs and the Indians.

Stubee likes this.

3. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio

4. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    It seems there have been a lot of blown leads in the last few years: OKC Thunder 3-1 lead against Golden State; Golden State blew 3-1 against Cleveland in Finals; Indians blew a 3-1 lead in last years World Series; the Atlanta meltdown in the Super Bowl last year was unprecedented. Don't pay much attention to hockey, but seems there was a similar blown 3-0 or 3-1 lead there as well.

Weird.

dburns likes this.

5. JustStartingOut

JustStartingOut Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

C'mon Houston!
    Even though they beat my Sox I'll go for anyone over the Yankees :lol:

6. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Tele-Afflicted

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    Sorry to see there's no chance of a rematch, Chip.

The bad news for the Cubs is they let a winnable game get away from them. The good news is Strasburg can't pitch every game. That guy is plain nasty! Ironic that the rain played a part in the outcome of a game again, but against the Cubbies this time.

I expect Hendricks to give them a chance tonight. Hoping that Maddon can stop himself from pulling the starter too soon for once. Really wish he'd left Lester in there last night. He wasn't the starter obviously, but had been pretty much untouchable until he gave up a walk with two outs. 15 minutes later they are down by four.

Wyzsard likes this.

7. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    I'm really bummed that the Indians aren't playing the Astros. I was planning on playing "Look Out Cleveland " by THE BAND on a a continuous loop the entire series.

GO ASTROS!

telleutelleme, TRex13 and teletimetx like this.

8. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Maybe they'll fire Francona and he'll be manager in Boston again next year....stranger things have happened.

JustStartingOut likes this.

9. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    I don't like the Cubs, but I like their chances tonight. What are the odds of both Hendricks and Lackey having an off night? Guarantee you John Lackey is fuming inside about not having a start and when that guy has something to prove, look out.

10. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Tele-Afflicted

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    I think that's a good way to look at it. If Lackey is your worst starter, you've got a pretty solid rotation. He could be a difference maker tonight for sure. I think Hendricks will have a good night either way, assuming the stupid errors are limited behind him. He produces a lot of weak contact and relies on the infield.

Just hoping to not see Strop or Edwards.

11. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Yea that's true. Seems like it used to be a few times per decade across all the sports, now it seems like big comebacks, either in series or just within a single football game are very common. That's a good thing to me.

Colo Springs E likes this.

12. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

Yes, but Cubs pitching or the coaching decisions didn't have any bearing on the outcome considering the Cubs couldn't even score a run at home.

Joe Torre wanted to move Tuesday's game to an earlier start time but TBS said no. I guess it's in the contract they had the right to do that. Tuesday's game probably would have been over by the time the first raindrop fell and the Cubs would not have faced Strasburg.

All water under the bridge of course but I think the Cubs have a chance of pulling it out if they're bats wake up.

13. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Meister

Holy Smoke . . . Epic failure by the Tribe.

Ka-Boom!!!

Reminds me of a return trip to Cleveland after living in Alaska for 15 years. The city looked familiar, but it felt a lot different. My brother took me downtown on a cold Sunday morning and we watched as they blew up (controlled demolition) the old buildings that occupied the site of the future Jacob's Field, new home of the Indians. A series of explosions, boom! boom! boom! . . . and the site was leveled. Similar to what the Yankees did to the Indians, knocked them flat on their collective hind end.

I've gotta tip my hat to the Yankees, they simply out-played the Indians.

Best Regards,
    Geo.

Chip likes this.

14. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    I wish I could disagree or find something wrong with your post Geo, but I got nothing. I've never been a fan of Jacobs errr Progressive Field and now it's a total house of horrors! I wish they'd blow THAT place up!

I miss Municipal Stadium

old wrench likes this.

15. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Meister

Old memories,Chip!

Cleveland Municipal Stadium, what a gigantic dinosaur of a place that was. The Indians' home field when they last won a World Series.
    You could have put Progressive Field and the Browns Stadium and the Gund Arena in there and still had plenty of room left over!

For people who aren't familiar with Cleveland, Gund Arena is not a sexually transmitted disease ;) !!!

16. TRex13

TRex13 TDPRI Member

Aug 19, 2016
    Perth, Australia
    Go Astros! I like their chances against the Yankees - World Series here we come!

teletimetx and telleutelleme like this.

17. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    Actually the footprint of Progressive Field is larger than Municipal Stadium. The front row of the upper deck in the right field corner at the Prog would be outside of the old stadium. That upper deck corner would be comparable to sitting on the shoreway!
    The Browns First Energy Stadium is also a lot bigger building. Municipal had more seats, the most individual seats in the world when it opened. It also had the most turnstiles, concession stands and bathrooms per person than any other Stadium of that time and most stadiums of today.

18. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    Did Ernie Johnson just say "Werth, all out, all the time?"

19. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

HarryCaray.gif Don't worry Cubs fans. Harry says we got this one !

:p

-Hawk- and Stubee like this.

20. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's

Jun 30, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Well, I missed that one..Had Washington picked..
    Now I'm picking the Dodgers to go to the WS against the Astros..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.