Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Official 2017 MLB Post Season Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fendrguitplayr, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Kirchensfan

Kirchensfan Telefied Silver Supporter

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    I don't know how far any of them will go, but with Toronto, Seattle and the Mets out of the postseason, all is good and right in the universe. Love to see a Yankee/Cubs series before I die.

2. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    My team (White Sox), had the worst or next to worst record in baseball, but they're rebuilding. I do enjoy playoff baseball regardless though.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Indians or Astros win it all.

3. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    They've been playing better lately. The future looks bright, now they just need to come up aces in the draft and get a Mike Trout/Kris Bryant/Bryce Harper level talent.

ac15 likes this.

4. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 3, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I've got my playoff tickets for the Indians and am impatiently waiting for the playoffs to start. They are on a roll and have the pitching to go very far. Hopefully the bats stay hot.

fendrguitplayr and Chip like this.

5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 30, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Everyone knows by now (or at least should know), that it's always pretty much a toss up for the short 5 and 7 game series.
    The very worst team in baseball can sometimes win a short series from the best team in the game..
    Most of it depends on pitching but also who's hot for that particular game..
    Then there's always luck involved..Did that drive down the line hit the chalk or land foul ??
    That pop up to center fall 3 inches short of a diving outstretched center fielder ???
    Is the plate ump on this day calling them to a pitchers weakness or strength ??
    I like Washington and the Dodgers in the national and Astros in the American..

TRex13 and Stringbanger like this.

6. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    I'll believe it when I see it with the Dodgers

7. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Tenaka pitched a great game for the Yankees today!

8. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Your in the Boston area, but you're a Stanks fan? Watch out you might get crucified!:p

fendrguitplayr likes this.

9. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    I usually start this thread, but you beat me to it this year. Thanks, because I'm really busy at work!

fendrguitplayr likes this.

10. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Meister

I'm sticking with the Tribe, I like their chances.

The Indians took the Cubs to the 10th inning of World Series game 7 last season with only 2 of their starting pitchers healthy and able to pitch.
    But, of course, that was last year and doesn't mean doodly $h*t.

But this year, the Indians are playing better, scoring more runs, and have a pretty healthy starting rotation.

All things considered though, baseball is a quirky sport and there is a healthy element of Luck involved in addition to skill and athleticism and good management. Anything can happen in a one game playoff like the Wildcard game.

No matter which team you're backing it ought to be some good baseball in October.

Best Regards,
    Geo.

Chip and teletimetx like this.

11. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

Doubts ? Don't you remember ?

539406b6eff9d7a61c4bffabbfd8e9f3--the-cleveland-cleveland-indians.jpg
    30729426176_df2acb3bfd.jpg
    Final_out_of_2016_World_Series.jpg

Cubs Rule !

fendrguitplayr and teletimetx like this.

12. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 3, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I like your thinking! Good management is really critical in the playoffs. I like the Indians' chances with Franconia. He's one of the best and the reason Cleveland made it as far as they did last year. The way he used the bullpen to cover for the injured starters was masterful. Unfortunately the overworked pitching staff ran out of gas.

13. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I'm happy that the national sports media still is hesitant to curse the Astros with the prediction of winning any major sport unless Jordan isn't playing in it.

teletimetx and william tele like this.

14. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    I thought of this last year. For as good as the Cubs were last year they barely scraped out that series by one run in extras against the Tribe who had the pitching injuries along with your best player out all season. Postseason can be funny, bit no one ever apologizes for any victory. Like you said, a degree of luck is involved and part of that luck is health.

15. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
    My Cubs have heated up down the stretch, playing their best ball right now, so I'm not counting them out, even though their starting pitchers aren't as good as last year.

There are some high quality teams in the playoff mix, it should be fun to watch. L.A. and Cleveland look to be the cream of the crop.

Wyzsard likes this.

16. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Hoping my Stros can finally bring one home.

telleutelleme and teletimetx like this.

17. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    we all got our crosses to bear.

I'd love to see the Cubs in any number of WS or playoffs, but if I died before I had to watch the pin stripes in another World Series, I would die happy. I have seen enough Yankees-infested World Series in my life. I was a Milwaukee Braves fan growing up (Hank Aaron had the best box scores) - but I would definitely like to see the Astros make it.

It's not quite the drought that the Cubs had, but life lasts a long time, in many regards.

18. djh22

djh22 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jan 12, 2012
    VA

19. fendrguitplayr

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Boston clinches AL East today! Now Yankees play Twins for Wild Card.

Thursday will be Sale vs Verlander in game 1.

JustStartingOut likes this.

20. fendrguitplayr

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Capture.JPG [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    JustStartingOut likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.