Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Official 2017 MLB Post Season Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fendrguitplayr, Sep 26, 2017.

1. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    The final few days of the regular season are winding down. How is your team doing? It looks like Astros, Dodgers, Nats, Cubs and Indians will go far. Not sure about the Yankees or Boston.

Do you think that your team will make the post season or maybe just the wild card? Could Arizona be the team to win it all?

Discuss...

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

2. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    Watching the Cubs hopefully clinch it tonight. Magic number is one.

I have doubts that they'll go as far as last year, but you can't win if you don't get in.

3. fendrguitplayr

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Toronto is taking Sale to the fences and leading 5-1 in 5th. I think Red Sox are going down slow.

4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    The Royals came down with a case of "how do you play this game?":) So...

Therefor, I'd like to see the Indians or the Astros in the Series. Indians, so they can get what they missed last year and Astros because of how hard they played the Royals in 2015.

fendrguitplayr likes this.

5. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Kershaw pitched well in his last start. Darvish pitched well last night. Wood pitches tonight and Hill tomorrow. Both had great 5-6 inning starts last games and longer.

dodger.png

fendrguitplayr and Skully like this.

6. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    I'm so curious to see what the Dodgers do. With the roster they've had for the last 6-7 years it blows my mind that they haven't gone further in the postseason.

7. JustStartingOut

JustStartingOut Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Being a Boston fan it pains me to say that they are on the verge of imploding. Again. Just don't think they have enough for the long haul. Again.

8. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    Was at the Mets/Braves game tonight where the Mets won, but no post season love there.

9. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Home team (Washington) is in! I have been so dang busy I have no idea what our prospects are for the postseason...don't even know who we'll play. Looking forward to listening (don't have cable TV) to the games for sure though!

10. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    The Astros clinched home field in the ALDS, with a small chance to take the 1 seed back from the Tribe. I say a small chance because it is mathematically possible, but with 4 or 5 games left they need to win at least two more than Cleveland. I just dont see the Indians dropping that many.

It look like we will host Boston next week, should be a great match up. I always root for my teams, but being a long time Houston sports fan, I possess a healthy pessimism that they will come up short.

Like @william tele said, we had control over the 2015 series against the Royals. They could not close the deal.

Maybe this is the year they can break the mold.

11. fendrguitplayr

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    They had a good run after the All-Star break, but can't seem to get it together now. Still 3 games ahead of NY though.

JustStartingOut likes this.

12. JustStartingOut

I'm hoping Nunez can get back in the lineup for more than 2 at-bats, they need him badly now. Sale is running out of steam, or has for a few games recently. He's still crazy ridiculous but he's getting beat up. And what's up with Hanley? He needs to pick it up. They may make it pretty far but I just don't see them as winning it all. A lot of pieces need to be glued back together.

13. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 12, 2003
    Glamorous NoHo
    Seeing the Dodgers again tonight. Fingers crossed.

dented and fendrguitplayr like this.

14. fendrguitplayr

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Agreed - Hanley is nothing like Ortiz was for a DH. If Porcello can get the win tonight and Yanks lose, there might still be a little hope.

JustStartingOut likes this.

15. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    My Royals stumbled this last month. Ah well, go Chiefs!!

16. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Astros set a record for runs in a three game series against the Rangers. I think they are an offense to reckoned with in the play-offs. But like fendertx, I've been disappointed too many times to be overly optimistic.

17. fendrguitplayr

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Astro's killed it at Fenway last night. Luckily with the Yankees loss, the magic number is now 1 to clinch division for Sox.

18. JustStartingOut

If the Astros have another game like that (or if Boston does)...1 may be 1 too many! That was just a crusher last night. Ugh

19. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 12, 2003
    Glamorous NoHo
    For the record, they beat the Padres 10-0.

20. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    My Phils had sole possession of the basement for most of the season, but now I see the Giants and Tigers are giving them a run for the money.

The Dodgers and Indians would be an interesting WS, but we all know that those chances are slim.

It would be fun to see a dark horse slip in there.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.