Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

October Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Slidedude

Slidedude Tele-Holic

Apr 6, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Yoiur tone is stingin'! Perfect for the song. I liked the ascending runs you did at the intro.

2. Slidedude

Slidedude Tele-Holic

Apr 6, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Yo!! In your face right outta the gate! Nice stuff, and welcome aboard!

3. Slidedude

Slidedude Tele-Holic

Apr 6, 2013
    SF Bay Area

4. Slidedude

Slidedude Tele-Holic

Apr 6, 2013
    SF Bay Area

5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Thanks Mr. Dude!

6. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks, gents!

7. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Heh. Thanks, and yeah, it's kind of raw, but it more or less what I was going for, to go along with the ragged playing! Those 2 at the beginning showed up the time before that take (i.e., next to last time I was trying to get through those 5 go-arounds), and it was the only thing I remembered from that take, lol. Wish I'd done a better job of it!

So much good stuff again this month. I'm hoping for more time next month but that's all I have for now - hope! Still impressed by the variety here. Lotsa fun, too. Thanks to Mellen- and everyone else for doing the grunt work to kick things off, and then the words of encouragement along the way.

8. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Seems like everyone likes mandolin... :cool:
    Thanks for your kind words everyone. :D

9. Telecritter

Telecritter Tele-Meister

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    It's still October so I thought I'd have a quick go! First time using garageband - just recorded one take and here it is. Played using a 59 LP reissue through the small fender combo in garageband with vol and output maxed out, no effects.

https://soundcloud.com/telecritter/october-blues

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    A very nice take on this slow blues track and I liked your playing very much .Welcome aboard Telecritter

11. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    It appears to be gone now.

12. Telecritter

Telecritter Tele-Meister

Nov 9, 2012
    UK

13. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I like it! Welcome!

14. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland

15. alesplin

alesplin Tele-Meister

May 2, 2013
    San Jose
    Dude. You guys are all awesome.

I just stumbled onto these threads whilst trolling the forum waiting for some code to compile and I'm seriously inspired.

I'm not good, even remotely, but I've made a goal that starting no later than January I want to post something I played on SoundCloud at least once per month, in the hopes of forcing myself to polish things as much as I'm able, and to have a way to track progress.

I hope to be participating in my own meager way in these threads soon. :)

16. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Two good tracks Joe!The both of them you played hard and strong at the end which I liked a lot , glad to see you back!

17. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    alesplin you're welcomed to play here anytime soon , don't feel like this is a competition amongst us but a learning experience and it's friendly thread that will point out the positives .We're all leaning here from the beginners to the pros ,so don't feel you have a no place here , you do!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014

18. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Thank You Mellencaster! Nice to be back!!!!!

19. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    jjpish68 - Firstly I'd like to say welcome back. It's good to have you around. :D

Man, that first track was smokin'. Love the atmosphere it projects, smokey nightclub late at night. Fantastic. :cool:

I got blisters on my fingers just listening to your second track. Really good phrasing and execution. :D

20. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Alesplin feel free to jump in anytime you like. Like Mellencaster said, this is a very friendly forum and a great learning experience. Until I started posting here back in Feb, I'd never played anything of my own for anyone, let alone posting it to the internet.

So don't be daunted, be encouraged. It's a lot of fun (and a little addictive).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.