Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

October Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Welcome aboard Jebrone Lames .Jebrone, I prepared myself to listen and turn the volume down on your take with the pc mic. How loud could it be? ....:eek:...Dang, that's loud!!!:lol: I think I lost a couple db in my hearing :p
    All kidding aside you played pretty good on this track and I like your take on this but remember to get that usb issue resolve for next the track ;)

2. Jebrone Lames

Jebrone Lames Banned

Dec 25, 2012
    florida
    Well, that was my level with my guitar volume at 10. The oldest trick in the lead guitar book is to level up with the band with the guitar volume knob at 7 then when the show starts kick it up to 10 during all leads :lol:

3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Nice big blues bends and vibrato.

4. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    As cool and clear as a Canadian mountain stream. Sounds good.

5. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Blistering! yeah sounds like half the signal is missing. Nice playing though.

6. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Your phrasing is like a melodic rain drops is the only best way I can describe your track. I had a hard time at first to hear you playing until adjusted my bass and treble to hear you play through the mix , the echo is a nice touch to this mellow track , I like it!

7. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Thanks, I didn't want it to be too loud but I think it's just about right.

8. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Mjark, your track spreads a dreamy atmoshere, the guitar sounds wonderful. But I have to agree that a little more volume would have been better.

Jebrone, welcome here. Pretty good playing. I hope you will solve the sound issue.

Asides fom that, grandchild was born yesterday; everything went well. I have to say, I prayed for that.

9. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Congratulations!

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Yes, congratulations!A baby and new guitar in all one week, you couldn't ask for better! :)

11. Jebrone Lames

Jebrone Lames Banned

Dec 25, 2012
    florida
    Thanks for the good feedback. Searching through some Blackstar ID:Core post it looks like others are having issues with low recording output when using USB. I'm having that issue and after 20 seconds of recording I get a bad white noise and crackling. I have a good soundcard in my PC, so I don;t think that's the issue.

I have a 20 year old daughter and an 18 year old son and I'm looking forward to being a grand-dad in a few years.

12. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

13. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    U - Congrats on healthy grandkid and mom!

Jebrone - if you're recording USB, you're not using the PC soundcard, but whatever driver is loaded for that USB device. If the USB can't do 24-bit, then I'd consider getting a newer, external interface and using the amp's (aka line) output, or mic'ing it. Recording at 24-bit will let you record at a wide range of volumes and manipulate up or down. (The recording forum here is a good source for ideas and help on these kinds of issues, too.)

14. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

It sounds perfectly balanced on my monitors but I listened on ear buds this morning and the guitar is harder to hear. Hmmmm...

15. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Congrats on your new grandchild. Job well done. :D

16. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

17. morroben

morroben Friend of Leo's

Jun 25, 2006
    Morro Bay, Ca
    Awesome! The part starting around 3:32 reminds me of a 50's era pop vocal line. Really cool. And the mandolin was a nice touch.

Congrats on the new babies, Udoering!

Jebron Lames, there were some ripping lines in there, but yeah, that's bright.

Mjark, I'm going to hold off on listening to your new track until I complete my own. Just to keep it a blank slate in my head for now.

18. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Very nice Phil! That mandolin was perfect for this track ,it kicked it up another notch.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

19. Slidedude

Slidedude Tele-Holic

Apr 6, 2013
    SF Bay Area

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.