Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

OCD I’m over you

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by cntry666, Nov 8, 2018.

1. cntry666

cntry666 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2010
    decatur, ga
    I’ve had it with the OCD. Love the sound but it does not play nice with other pedals. I recently got a loop switcher and no matter what it just would not work with any boost or stacked drive no matter what order I put them in. For the money there are definitely better pedals out there. The honeymoon is over. Anyone else had issues?

2. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Nope - and I had the Dano clone and the EHX clone too - no issues with any.

Got rid of all of them when I got a Menatone The King and a DIrty Little Secret.

Go big or go home.

Get a bare bones Angry Charlie or the two pedals mentioned above - You’ll forget all about the OCD...

3. cntry666

cntry666 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2010
    decatur, ga
    The Suhr Riot pedal made me forget all about it for sure.

frankieleeray likes this.
  4. Tele Porter

Tele Porter TDPRI Member

Nov 15, 2016
    chicago
    OCD works fine with my timmy. i go into timmy first for light crunch, then into OCD for solo/heavy drive. both pedals sound great either alone or with timmy driving the OCD.

NICQ, RockinforJesus and BorderRadio like this.
  5. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Tele-Afflicted

Jun 17, 2010
    Northern NJ
    I had a hard time with an ocd into a fuzz. I traded the ocd, now we don’t do the fuzz song. I wish I still had the ocd! I never use the fuzz, it’s in a box somewhere!

6. Les H

Les H Tele-Meister

Jun 2, 2018
    Kansas
    No issues with mine, worked well being boosted by a boss blues driver. However I'm just over the pedal in general.

7. krowbot

krowbot Tele-Meister

Oct 15, 2009
    Hanford, California
    I boost the OCD with a Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive. Playing through a Vox AC30.

8. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    I use an OCD in tandem with a BB Preamp and the combo works well for me. I usually have the OCD going into the BB, with the OCD set for lower gain to goose the BB.

The key, I think, is to take is easy with the gain and watch your tone setting, as with a bright amp, like a Deluxe. it can get out of hand quickly.

9. sanfi4u

sanfi4u Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Not so many for the money, actually, if you mean used OCD v.1.4-1.7. You still can easily pick up one for less than $100. V.2.0 is a different story. If you mean v.2.0 for $159 I definitely agree.
    I have to admit I wasn't absolutely happy with my OCD v.1.6 sound. I had to apply some tweaks here and there and - voila! It's exactly what I wanted it to be. But even stock OCD up to v.1.7 is very capable overdrive and deserves the hype imho.

10. cntry666

cntry666 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2010
    decatur, ga
    I ended up getting an MXR 78 Badass and an MXR Il Diavolo. Much happier and the work with my boost pedal. The OCD sounded great but could not do what I needed.

11. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 14, 2016
    not houston
    i have a bad bob right after my ocd and together they work just fine.

12. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    The OCD seems to work fine going into a Timmy and then Dyno Brain. It’s not even the first pedal. I bought my V4 super cheap just to try out and it never left the board.

13. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    OCD V2 should have fixed these problems

14. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Meister

Mar 13, 2018
    Atlanta
    Use my OCD (V2) with a ZVex Box of Rock and Sparkle Drive and think it stacks great, especially with the boost on the BoR. Not sure if it makes a big difference, but I use it with at 18v and at fairly low gain settings.

That said, there are a ton of great OD pedals out there and if the OCD isn't working for you no reason not to find one that better fits your needs.

15. RockinforJesus

RockinforJesus TDPRI Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Upstate NY
    I use this setup into a VOX AC15C1. The Crayon is very similar to the Timmy, so transparent OD pedals may be the ticket to work with the OCD.

Attached Files:

16. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

Jun 27, 2016
    Alabama
    What version OCD do you have? I have heard that earlier versions had a problem with input impedance not playing well with other pedals, but this was fixed in later versions.

I have a V1.7 (the version right before the latest V2), and have never had a problem using it with any other pedals. I run mine with a fuzz or Boss SD-1 in front, and a clean boost behind. Also various modulation or delay pedals. I have never had any problems with it.

17. beninma

beninma Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Funny thread I just got rid of my OCD last weekend. (Had it less than a year).

Just not for me.

18. stratman54

stratman54 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2016
    US
    I've got an OCD v3. I go to it once in awhile, but for the most part the Nobels OD-1 is my go to pedal. It overdrives but leaves the notes intact. Sometimes I boost into it with a Mojo Mojo or out of it into the OCD. But lately I've been real fond of the Nobels into a Joyo American Sound. Playing a PRS SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow into it, I get some Joe Bonamassa tones with Humbuckers. And a great Tele growl.

19. stratman54

stratman54 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2016
    US
    With split coil.

20. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

May 13, 2015
    Cicero, IL
    Been wanting the 1.4 OCD but they are pricey even used.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.