Obi Toto Kenobi passed away August 21, 2018.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Thank you Tonetele, I received and read your message, and it touched my heart.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto was never mean, he did have a bout with a bully one time, but I think that's different. Who knows, you've gone from not liking to liking small breed dogs, one day you might just have one in your future. Situations change.

3. Toto'sDad

Thank you Slowpoke, and I hope little Amber prospers from her surgery, and defies the odds, and lives as long as Toto did!

4. Toto'sDad

Thanks KyAnne. Yesterday, my sister-in-law who was with me the day that I adopted Toto wrote a touching text to me, the part that really got me was when she said "we" had all lost one of our family.

5. SlappyDuck

SlappyDuck Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Sorry to hear about your loss TD.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

You have my sincerest sympathy, TD. It's hard to fathom losing a companion after so many years. Just last month my sister's pug/Italian greyhound, Oliver, became one with the Force at 16. Poor guy had pretty much every conceivable ailment that an old dog can have, but he did not die of old age. Instead, he died with his head in a bag of chips, suffocated. I don't know about anyone else, but that's how I'd want to go.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. jbmando

jbmando Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I'm very sorry for your loss, TD. Isn't it amazing how we come to feel about a little furry thing?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  8. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

TD, once your initial morning period has passed, and you feel less down, please consider adopting a rescue dog that will fit into your lifestyle. Toto gave you so much pleasure, and it's clear you are capable of giving so much love back to a small friend, that it would be beneficial to you and the adopted little one.

haggardfan1 and Toto'sDad like this.
  9. Toto'sDad

Thanks Rockdog. That is just bizarre about Oliver! I'm so sorry, that would be an ill fate for anyone or anything to suffer. Toto was mostly well all of his life. He had an episode of losing weight a few years back that was easily corrected by diet and fully recovered. When Bella our other little dog passed in March I took Toto in and had some unsightly warts removed, and had his teeth cleaned. It was when he got the blood work back that we learned that he had age related liver and kidney problems. The vet said at the time Toto was doing much better than his numbers would indicate. He was always unbelievably strong for his diminutive size. He lived quite well until the very last.

Rockdog likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

That would be a consideration for sure Ironwolf. Right now, we just can't think about that, but until we got Toto and Bella all of our house dogs were either from friends, or the shelter. We had two little dogs Candy and Gretel that were from the shelter that we adopted that lived very long lives with us. Candy was only about eight months old when we got her and she lived to be about fifteen. She was my sweetie. Gretel when we brought her home was about two, and she lived to be about fifteen also. She was absolutely at home with us from the very first day she came to live with us, until she passed.

uriah1 likes this.
  11. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Holic

OP, truly sorry for your loss. You won't feel the sting after a while, but it'll come back at weird times as it does for me with all the dogs I've lost.

No advice other than to give yourself some time to grieve, and that you will probably be ready for another dog sooner than you think. We waited too long between our last dog and the current one, but 16 years with a Jack Russell requires a little downtime.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Thank you ibmando. I was thinking that very thing when I put the coffee on this morning. How could a little fur ball that actually does no work, can't talk, and just hangs around and stares at you get under you skin so much? I know one thing, without my little fur ball here, the house feels quite empty this morning. It's a palatable thing, his little personality somehow filled up the house, now it's gone, and I can feel it.

RedRock likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

Thank you for you insight, and compassion.

14. Mrbob135

Mrbob135 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

So Sorry TD, words cannot touch the loss we feel when our four legged friends move on. God Speed, Obi Toto Kenobi.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

Thank you Mrbob135.

16. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

So sorry TD. Even though we’ve never met, I know how much he meant to you just by reading your posts. Rest in peace little fella.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Hi TD, just seen the sad news about Toto. Really sorry for your loss.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Listened to Jerry Jeff and the Nitty Gritty last night .Thought of you and ToTo immediately

We danced for those at minstrel shows and county fairs
    Throughout the south
    We spoke in tears of fifteen years
    How his dog and him
    They travelled about
    His dog up and died
    He up and died
    After twenty years he still grieves

My thoughts are with you

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

TD has communicated with me and Toto'sDad and the photo will hopefully remain including that beautiful photo. That's up to TD.

20. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

So sorry, TD. Nothing quite like losing a beloved pet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.