Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NUGD- Cool Starry Brah....

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by rigid650, Nov 2, 2018.

1. rigid650

rigid650 TDPRI Member

Was telling a co-worker about how my 12yr old wants a guitar for his B-Day.
    He wants one "like your black one but with a white pickguard" (points at my Squier Custom II w/p90's)

Co-Worker says " No S#!* "

1 30 pack of Coors banquet later:

cole tele.jpg

its an 02 anniversary MIC, just needs some cleanup, new strings and new switch (broken off)

neck is very nice, but i will probably swap it out for a rosewood FB strat neck i have on another partscaster that has bigger frets

anyway, love it when a plan comes together, pics cause it happened, and Happy Friday everyone!

2. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    right back at ya! super cool that yer 12-yr. old wants a guitar for a birthday present and yer making it happen. good job, dad!

3. rigid650

rigid650 TDPRI Member

Thanks Man, doin what i can.

This will actually be a tough one to give up, cause its a perfect candidate for a HH conversion with no pickguard, which is something ive wanted to do for a long time, but hey, always next time, right?

4. preactor

preactor Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2009
    gainesville, ga
    Neat story and a neat guitar. Dad isn't too bad either!

5. rigid650

rigid650 TDPRI Member

Cleaned it up a bit, thru a rosewood neck on and mocked up a custom headstock logo

Looking sharp i think....

IMG_20181108_202137.jpg

things to do:
    compensated 3 barrel saddles will be here tomorrow for a bubba mod.
    needs a w/b/w pickguard
    replace broken 3way switch with a strat one i have in parts bin (they look to be the same, cept the extra indents)
    reshape the headstock to be a bit more stratish
    decide on the chrome vs white knobs
    profit

Nickadermis likes this.
  6. Bangdapoontwang

Bangdapoontwang TDPRI Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Hawaii
    Nice! Tell me though, how much do you love your P90 Custom II? I think they are one of the top sleepers out there. I love mine.

7. dwh100

dwh100 Tele-Meister

Dec 5, 2016
    LA county
  8. rigid650

rigid650 TDPRI Member

I love it

I'm not really qualified to express how freekin awesome it is, but my friends that know what they are doing with a guitar would steal it if they weren't afraid.

If it were to be stolen, I would hunt them to the ends of the Earth, harvest their body parts, and sell them to buy another.

I like it so much that I found another body on eBay, and am currently making it's humbucker evil twin. Irish twins if you will....

Bangdapoontwang likes this.
  9. rigid650

rigid650 TDPRI Member

Headstock logo. I'm pretty sure he will be stoked
    I am....
    12160.jpeg

10. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    It IS one of the best Squier guitars ever made, IMHO.

I wish I had told my parents at that age that I wanted a guitar. Of course that would have been in the middle of a transition period for Fender... I was 12 in the summer of 1985.... well done, dad!

11. rigid650

rigid650 TDPRI Member

2 weeks later, its done... (new project hanging to its right)
    IMG_20181116_124708653.jpg IMG_20181116_124803857.jpg

2002 anniversary Affinity
    Bubba Mod w/ comp. brass saddles
    Neck from a Rondo tele, minor fretwork, reshaped headstock and custom logo.
    5 way switch, fullsize pots

Action is a bit high, as need to do a fret level around the 13th to 15th, but im happy with it as is, and way better than i got it IMO
    just waiting on b/w/b pickguard, but for all intents and purposes, this is done.

thanks for looking, and Happy Friday everyone!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.