Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NPD x 2 (or I guess x 4) Cavalier & Dimarzio action

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by brobar, Jan 2, 2018.

1. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Both sets just arrived in the mail. I’ll have the Dimarzio PAF 36th anniversary set installed in the PRS SE Zach Myers this weekend.

64C4DBEF-9B6D-414C-B08A-618F5EE32A35.jpeg

While the stock pups are actually very nice pickups for stock... they are still missing a little something in the dynamics department and I have to fight a bit more to get those harmonics that tend to come with ease on my Les Paul. Hoping these will remedy that. I checked out every review I could find and while nearly all of them were quite positive... this demo (in a PRS SE Zach Myers) put it over the top for me. I have a feeling I’m going to love these. Would have loved to have stuck with the zebra pattern, but Dimarzio puts their two creams inside where I prefer the look of the creams outside with the black inside. Oh well... it will look sweet with the all cream.

The Cavaliers were a no-brainer. I loved the last set I got (Nashville Lion w/ Lion King) which turned my Classic Vibe Custom into my favorite guitar. So I got a set for my Classic Vibe Butterscotch Blonde, but went with the Huge Lion and Fat Lion King set this time for a little extra something different.

C3BE317C-B030-4586-968E-14E569208227.jpeg

These will be another few weeks before I install... waiting to get everything here so I can upgrade it all at once... doing the aluminum/brass saddles combo and Obsidian 4-way switch & wiring kit like I did on my other tele. Also getting a custom leather pickguard done in memory of my wife.

CFFF, Lefty Addams, Bruxist and 2 others like this.
  2. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That's sweet on all accounts!:)

brobar likes this.
  3. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Feb 13, 2007
    Just passing thru
    Hope you can come back with some impressions of these pickups, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Lefty Addams likes this.
  4. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Will do.

Lefty Addams likes this.
  5. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

May 6, 2012
    England
    Yeah me too. got a Huge Lion planned for a future build.

brobar likes this.
  6. PigBoy

PigBoy Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    Love the Huge Lion.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.