Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NPD TC Electronic Triple Delay

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by stratman54, May 16, 2018.

1. stratman54

stratman54 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2016
    US
    I've been having trouble getting a decent ambient guitar sound for worship with my current set up, since all I had for delay was a
    TC Electronic Flashback and a cheap Behringer Echo Machine. It was hard to dial them in and be able to have my delays set for other songs in the set to pull up on the fly.

I thought about the Flashback X4, and although that pedal let's you store 3 separate delays you can use only one at a time. So after some YouTube searching I came accross the Flashback Triple Delay. Three completely separate Flashbacks in one pedal.

Thank you TC Electronic for having exactly what I needed. Now when I need that wash underneath my guitar it's there. Very sweet pedal.

1526499107725.jpg 1526499114438.jpg

2. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2011
    Easily my favorite pedal purchase in the last 10 years. The serial/parallel option was the main selling point for me. A simple thing that has tremendous impact, and would normally require a lot more cables. :)

Indispensable for creating keyboard/faux reverb-like pads and soundscapes when playing live or looping or both, and stellar sound quality when using it in a more traditional fashion.

Enjoy it!

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 10:35 AM
    stratman54 likes this.

3. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I've never heard of this one before. Thanks for bringing it up.

4. stratman54

stratman54 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2016
    US
    I had never heard of it before either. I thought that the X4 did that, but you can only play one delay at a time. I know it's new to me but I am completely enamored by it.

Paul in Colorado likes this.

5. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    I had the X4 on my church board for a long time, my only complaint is that the enclosure is so stupidly big. The only thing that could improve the x4/triple range is if they fit it in a smaller enclosure.

6. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    In addition to the X4 and the Triple, they also have the alter ego Triple, which is a more vintage echo vibe with the features of the triple.

stratman54 likes this.

7. stratman54

stratman54 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2016
    US
    Yes it is big, but three pedals fit in the area that two pedals used to take up. I don't mind that trade off.

Danjabellza likes this.

8. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Congrats!

TC would have a Timeline killer if they would just make the thing fully programmable with 100 midi accessible presets ( and two switches) like say the Nova and still have the toneprint thing. I get by on the x4 by having and expression pedal to adjust feedback/delay volume/ modulation and the tap tempo switch. With that, I get 90%. The second preset is a 70ms slap with the exp pedal adjusting delay volume. The last preset is either very short stereo delay (10ms) with single repeat and exp on effect level, or long ambient chord swell delay or Vibe with exp controlling rate.

Two things that the TC toneprint delays do exeptionally well is:
    a. The dynamic ducking feature is just stellar and will spoil you rotten. Best of any I’ve heard.
    b. The tape delay trails emulation and modulation is SO right and so tweakable.

9. Paul in Colorado

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I'm not seeing an Alter Ego Triple on the website. There's an X4. Link?

10. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Well now I feel foolish. It is an X4! I could have sworn it was a triple.

11. Paul in Colorado

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    No worries. But you did get my hopes up there for a minute. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.