Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NPD..Quick review of the GFS Vintage wound 63 Strat pickups

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Strato50, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Well I finally got around to installing these in my number one gigging strat. I must say for 60 bucks they are a huge surprise. I have 4 strats all with good pups..Fender Custom Shop..Bare Knuckles..Stock Japan Alnico's...and these sound just as good if not better in some regards...the 2 and 4 spots are really strong with a lot of quack that's hard to find in a lot of Strat pups....they usually lose volume...not these. the bridge is 7.1 K...the middle is 6.4 and neck 6.0..they have nice chime with a fat woody tone to them. For any price they hold up to the boutique pups. build quality is top notch...a lot lead wire. I would highly recommend these to anyone wanting some great Strat pickups and don't want to fork out 150.00. Just my quick review...I gig Thursday if they sound like they do at home its going to be good...side note...the neck alone nails that early JLV "Full time Lover" tone to the tee...better than my Bare Knuckles that are more geared towards Surf. These replaced a set of Fat 50s .....for now....more to come.

Attached Files:

ftbtx, CFFF, Fiesta Red and 1 other person like this.

2. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Holic

Nov 10, 2013
    Greater Atlanta
    Please post the follow up...been looking for a set for a Mexi-strat and don't want to fork out $150+ for a name....but I want a good sound...

3. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    These do it...I ordered another set last night for a MIJ strat...they are quiet to.

4. CFFF

CFFF Tele-Meister

Oct 31, 2016
    Nice. Glad you like them!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.