Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NPD Pharaoh Supreme

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by FirTrader, Oct 2, 2017.

1. FirTrader

FirTrader Tele-Meister

Jan 8, 2017
    Alberta Canada
    I've been in the mood for some new sounds - I have an old Marshall Shred Master, which was a good distortion pedal in it's day, but it's not real wide-sweeping in sound, you go from sort of heavily crunchy to smooth compressed heavy metal type distortion.

I wanted a little more tonality and vintage sounds have been more my thing lately, so I looked around and wound up ordering a Pharoah Supreme from Black Arts.

Started out I wanted a Witch Burner, simply because that has to be the best name for a pedal ever, but the WB didn't look like what I wanted, and the reviews on the Pharaoh Supreme are all 5 star kinda affairs.

I can see why. This has 6 modes of fuzz/distortion/overdrive, from sort of dirty amp sounds to ear-bleeding super-saturated distortion. On each of the six circuits you further control the pre-circuit boost, a tone control, a post-circuit high frequency boost (fuzz is often muddy and pumping a little clear highs back in really hits the mark). So I'm having lots of fun here with a new toy! The Silicon and MOSFET circuits are really, really nice, like you can dial in herzog-type sounds real easy here. Lots of control.

Now if only I could play!

2. tedtan

tedtan TDPRI Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Kansas City
    I've never tried a Pharaoh Supreme, but I like my Pharaoh. From your description, it sounds like the Supreme will do the Pharaoh's fuzz plus a lot more. How are the overdrives and distortions?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.