Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

[NPD] Long time no see

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by p8t8r, Aug 1, 2013.

1. p8t8r

p8t8r Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2009
    Poland
    Once I sold a BD-2, but now it's returned home! I really missed that bastard, my very first pr0 pedal aquisision (I don't count 2 danelectro FABs). Maybe it's time to bring back the Boss OD-3? Probably yes!

I really like the bright and fizzy sound of BD-2, I don't feel like modding.

2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    I love my stock Blues Driver but it is only bright and fizzy if that's how you choose to dial it in...I use mine with Level and Tone @ NOON and Gain @2:00 (last night used on a R&R/blues gig- Danelectro>BD-2> Vox Pathfinder 15R) leave the pedal ON and can go from cleanish to a very 'saturated Tweed' tone all with just the guitar volume knobs- a truly dynamic OD pedal. "Cinnamon Girl" never sounded so good!

3. cynic79

cynic79 Tele-Meister

Dec 18, 2009
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I like it as a light overdrive. I keep the Level a bit above unity, and the gain up to where it's just a bit crunchy (never past 10 or 11 o'clock). Tone is never above 9 o'clock.

It also works well as a boost, with Tone and Gain on zero and Level at wherever you want it.

4. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I'm in the same boat with this pedal. Everything at noon, it is brilliant (and not icepick or fizzy) specifically into my 1960 Ampeg Jet at home levels. Into my Fender and my Gibson amp (1950s/1960s) it can get a bit spikey but I just peel the tone back to 11 o'clock.

5. jjlikesguitar

jjlikesguitar Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2009
    Spike City, NL
    Gee, perhaps I should try one again...

Played one for years but I decided to "upgrade"... My problem with it was that it has a nasty high end sizzle to it when the notes decay, like when you let them ring out... which I hated.

They say the Monte Allums mod would fix it, but IDK know where to get it modded.

Maybe it wad the amp (Fender SCXD), now I have a Blackstar?

After the BD2 I went through umpteen overdrive and fuzz pedals. I currently only own a Fuzz Face and a Pigtronix Disnortion. I like the SD1 a lot too but the Blues Driver has more gain.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.