NPD! Green label CE-2. Also looking for some insight

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by patient81, Sep 12, 2016.

1. patient81

patient81 TDPRI Member

Hello everyone, looking for some insight about my new (to me) 1990 Boss CE-2. Snagged this for a decent price and it sounds magical, my chorus search is over.

The pedal has a sweet blue LED that was a nice surprise so I took off the base plate for a poke about.

Check out the green side of the circuit board that has an added resistor, anyone know why this is here? Something to do with the ACA power being converted to PSA?

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

IMG_20160912_154935.jpg
    IMG_20160912_155158.jpg

2. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
    Probably the mod to make it compatible with current power supplies. Did it to mine so long ago I don't remember what was involved. Blue LED just because someone thought it was cool.

patient81 likes this.
  3. callasabra

callasabra Tele-Afflicted

Awesome. I have the ce5 and love it, but those are great pedals. I don't need another chorus but would buy that one for a deal. Congrats.

patient81 likes this.
  4. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

I've had 2. They are great sounding chorus pedals, but I just don't think they have a fast enough rate to do a convincing faux Leslie sound, which is all I use a chorus for anymore. But for Andy Summers type stuff, they're awesome.

patient81 likes this.
  5. patient81

patient81 TDPRI Member

Thanks for the replies. The pedal is so lush, it sounds like angels making gravy.

Interestingly a chap on reddit thought that the extra resistor was purely to bump up the brightness of the blue LED. If anything I would expect the resistor is there to try and tame these super bright, modern LEDs.

Not tried a ce5 but my band mate has the ch-1 which is also really nice.

callasabra likes this.
  6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I love my CE-2. I got it in the '80's and still use it. That's the standard chorus sound for me. I run the first knob at 10:00 and the second at 2:00. I stole those settings from David Lindley when I saw him with El Rayo-X right before I bought the comp.

patient81 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.