NPD: Comprehensive, totally unbiased review of TC Rusty Fuzz

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Whatizitman, Jun 17, 2019.

1. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

OK, this is super weird that this fuzz pedal erases the differences between pickups. I have never seen an kind of gain pedal do that, pretty fascinating really. It must really be mucking with your signal a lot to do that. I've had 4-5 overdrives, several boosts, and 2 fuzzes and all of them it was crystal clear the difference between the tele neck & bridge pickups.

You will probably have trouble getting a reasonable volume out of any fuzz with a good sound at home with your amps as they all drastically increase the volume.

2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Should of got a Fuzz War.

3. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Tele-Afflicted

Nope. Too expensive. I'd rather play without any pedals than pay that much. That's just me, though. I'm just a basement rocker.

4. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Play without pedals????

Kiddin about all this stuff btw. I feel ya, I just make my own fuzz pedals if they are too pricey. Those graphics are made with spray paint and stencils, I can do that and call it Fuzz Bob or something.

Whatizitman likes this.
  5. Whatizitman

Right. I made a couple of breadboarded fuzz circuits that sounded far better than this pedal to me. I just can't seem to make the jump from breadboarding to actual pedals. I keep failing miserably. I was hoping to have at least one decent cheap pedal I could use in the meantime, maybe even mod it to my taste. I thought about keeping the TC for a hot second, and was tempted to open it up for a looksee. I decided against - the way the screws are mounted, it would easily show up any marks from a screwdriver. I just put it back in the box to send it back.

6. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve got the tc dimension 3 and the compressor from them. They are great pedals. Trouble with fuzz is that it’s probably the most personal pedal there is - what sounds great through one set of fingers sounds like butt through another. Look at Hendrix. How many don’t get that tone despite using the same gear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whatizitman likes this.
  7. Whatizitman

I agree. Part of the reason I don't have any fuzzes is I don't want to have to go down the rabbit hole to find 'the one'. I would rather go without one than go through that. I sent it back today, but considered exchanging it for something else, like the honey pot or whatever. Decided against it. I guess if I'm ever in the unenviable position of absolutely needing a fuzz, I will go on the hunt. I will try the tried and true first, though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.