Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NPD: Black Russian Big Muff (c. 2008)

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bluesholyman, Oct 1, 2017.

1. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Holic

Nov 10, 2013
    Greater Atlanta
    I have never liked the Big Muff after trying it several times, just never really did anything for me - too bright on the top end. But then I saw this cool looking pedal in a display case, plugged in and that was the end of that.

I really like how this pedal sounds: smoother and a hair warmer than other Muff's I have tried. Great sound.

2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA

3. BadMojo

BadMojo Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2017
    Maryland
    Nice muff!

I got G.A.S. now.. thanks lol

:lol:

4. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I had one of those! They look cool and sound great. Way more midrange than the newer Big Muffs.

5. jimash

jimash Friend of Leo's

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    I like those. Looks very clean. Good job.

6. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    The Russian Big Black Muff is the only Muff I've gotten along with, as far as pedals go.

I picked one up super cheap at a gear swap and was blown away, actually, by how good it sounded. I was not as attached to it as I was to a couple other pedals at the time and let it go... I made good money on it (for once) but, I think about picking up another some day.Just like @bluesholyman, it was the smoothness of the dirt, maybe even a bit of warmth, that I really liked about it.

Great pedal, congrats!

bluesholyman likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.