NPD: BBE Two Timer

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ReverendRevolver, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Meister

So, back when I was looking for an analog delay, I came across the Two Timer, which had a sound I liked, but not as much as the Maxon Ad9/999 sounds. I also wanted 2 outs, and the newer BBEs weren't as pleasant sounding to me.

But then a few days back I found one with the old graphic I loved (and presumably the sound I liked) on reverb for $65 with $10 shipping. I got error messages on my $40 offer, put in $43, then felt like a tool because the errors came from a lowball blocker bot.
    Waited for the offer to expire, then bought a different one for $45 shipped. ;)

20190424_193259.jpg

Just barely tried it out today (gotta make sure it works...) and I'm very happy I own this for $45 (that's like the price of a Donner delay and 2 cheeseburgers). Its limited by both delays sharing rate and level, but it's still workable slapback and midrange analog delay.

I'll post again when I can really analyze the tone with the tele.

2. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

I've had one for quite a few years now, and it's typically more often that it's on a pedalboard than it is off. It's currently on my shortboard, and it's simply a better fit than some of my other delays that are currently on the shelf.

If all you really want or need is slapback-length delays, and you prefer analog, this one really is kind of hard to beat, IMO, especially for what these cost, and considering that you get two different delays.

ReverendRevolver likes this.
  3. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Great pedal. The Two Timer andthe Tremor (two speed Tremolo) are both very handy.

4. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

It's a really nice pedal for shorter delays. Congrats. I had one for a while but the repeats were a bit too dark and murky for my taste, but I see why others love it.

5. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats. You're sure to have a good time with it.

6. Slip Kid

Slip Kid Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Wow, that was a great deal! I was looking into one of those a month or so ago, partially because of the old graphics. I was close to getting one for around $75 but kept asking myself if I really needed it and someone else got it. You can’t go wrong for $45!

7. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Afflicted

I won a contest for any BBE pedal I wanted, I already had a couple so I got the Two-Timer. It's a great pedal. BBE's support is also great, I bought a used BBE pedal from Ebay that had a bad pot on it and they fixed it for free, even after I told them I bought it used.
    Al

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.