Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Novelist Who Penned 'How To Murder Your Husband' Essay Charged With Husband's Murder

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Deeve, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    File under: Ironic, no?

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/6471...our-husband-essay-charged-with-husband-s-murd
    Last week, police in Portland arrested 68-year-old Nancy Crampton-Brophy. She is charged with the murder of her 63-year-old husband, chef Daniel Brophy.

At 8:30 a.m. on June 2, police and medics arrived at the Oregon Culinary Institute, after students and instructors arriving for class found Brophy suffering from a gunshot wound. The first-responders attempted to revive him but weren't successful. In a press conference that day, police said they were investigating the death as a homicide and that they had no immediate suspects.

Crampton-Brophy is a self-published author of romantic suspense novels, many featuring chiseled ex-Navy SEALs — books with "rugged men, strong women and a good story," she touted on her website.

chemobrain likes this.
  2. Hudman_1

Hudman_1 TDPRI Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Michigan
    Ironic?

Predictable is more like it.

Deeve likes this.
  3. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Friend of Leo's

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    She gonna hire Dr Jason Bull as her defense team? :lol:

4. acrylicsuperman

acrylicsuperman Tele-Holic

Nov 17, 2010
    Arizona
    Portland, Oregon you say? That kind of explains everything to me. Would have likely been shocked by that stupidity had it been anywhere else in the world.

5. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Kind of a blanket-coverage snide comment here. I guess it's nice, being smart enough to call a big city full of people stupid.

Fret Wilkes and Alamo like this.
  6. acrylicsuperman

Nov 17, 2010
    Arizona
    Don't let my location in Arizona fool you, that was a recent transition. I have otherwise spent all my life in that area. And as you may have guessed, I don't have a lot of great things to say about it. Stupidity can be found anywhere, but Portland is an embarrassment.

7. P Thought

Maybe saying nothing would be an option, then.

Alamo likes this.
  8. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I already posted this thread topic, earlier this morning :rolleyes:

9. acrylicsuperman

Nov 17, 2010
    Arizona
    Maybe. But it isn't the option I chose.

You don't have to like my opinion. I don't really care.

10. P Thought

Your opinion is yours, and welcome to it. It's your manners I don't like.

11. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    a tragic tale of love grown cold, betrayal avenged, a just end to and unjust partner, who knows?
    many of us live without understanding, fortunately at any particular time, the deadly malice existing if only for a moment in our partners hearts if only for a fleeting moment
    Which reminds me of the women that tried to explain her husband death as suicide. his hands were handcuffed behind his back and the gun was missing. when asked " how does a person hands cuffed behind their back shot oneself in the head and after dying dispose of the the weapon ", she responded "not only was he spiteful but he was very clever you know he was a lawyer and a good one at that." :confused:

12. acrylicsuperman

Nov 17, 2010
    Arizona
    I noticed. I also don't care that you don't like it.

I can't say that I really care for your attitude either, but it is yours and you are welcome to it as well. Quite frankly, I don't think this conversation has even needed to exist as long as it has. In reality, it wouldn't have happened at all, had you not engaged it.

Remember when you said saying nothing at all may be an option? You perhaps may want to consider your own advice in the future.

I see you are from Oregon yourself, and I apologize for making you feel like you have to defend your homeland. I'm not really sure why anyone would, but that's fine. But if I offended you, I am sorry that you are offended but I'm not really sorry I offended you. That's your problem, not mine.

13. P Thought

Edit: you know, @acrylicsuperman, I've been thinking about this. Calling you out about a blanket statement the way I did is a lot like playing grammar police, which is something I try not to do on this forum. It serves no purpose. Lots of people paint lots of things with a broad brush, and I'm sure I do it myself sometimes. I'm sure you don't think everybody in any city is stupid, and I hope you know that I'd never claim that any whole city is stupidity-free.

On this forum especially I would rather have friends than enemies. Please accept my apology, and please forgive me. Except for the one I'm editing now, which was uncalled for, I left my comments alone; since you'd quoted them, I didn't want it to appear that I didn't own making them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  14. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

a short story was it...?...

read the cover and title.. open the one page book that reads.. shoot him.. the end..

a modern penny dreadful....

15. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    Wait a minute, I’ve seen this movie.
    Sharon Stone comes to mind ( but that’s not unusual).
    Now I remember, she did it, the wife did it, she killed him, just like she did in the book to confuse the cops.
    Now I’m having visions of her being questioned by the cops, white dress.......excuse me for a while.:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.