Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Not really a fan of NGD threads, but this one was worth it.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ToneShark, May 1, 2012.

1. ToneShark

ToneShark Tele-Meister

Jun 20, 2008
    Minneapolis
    I must be getting cynical in my old age... I tend to see it more often as phase I of the pump-and-dump. :eek:

Really though - everyone loves their guitars when they're new. I'd be more excited about a "I'm still playing this guitar after 10 years" thread.

Make sure to check back in ten years to see if I still have this one!:D

2. boosh

boosh Tele-Holic

Aug 7, 2006
    Gordon (Scotland)
    The two comments in bold kinda counter one another do they not? :D

I think NGD threads are cool, on a forum like this people are understandably happy to show of their new toys to like minded guitarists. Yours is a sweet looking guitar, so why not show it off and express your happiness, I hope you get many many years of enjoyment out of it, as above all that's why we all play right? Whether a hobbyist or a gigging musician like yourself these are ultimately tools we use to make ourselves happy, so why not celebrate it!

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. Helloid

Helloid TDPRI Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Old Dominion
    I don't read every NGD, but some are cool to see. It's not performing, but it is another kind of show, and we are the fans. Guitars are tools, but they can also represent research, sacrifice, work, and dreams.

5. ToneShark

ToneShark Tele-Meister

Jun 20, 2008
    Minneapolis
    This is probably the second NGD thread I've ever started. I've probably owned a good hundred guitars.

But you're right... I guess for the forum, it's part of the fun. Lord knows I can't take that new Tele to the bar and try to show it off to all the hot chicks there. Somehow I think its finer points would be lost on most of them. :p

6. pickandgrin

pickandgrin TDPRI Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Dublin Ireland
    To me a guitar only becomes more than a tool when I've had it a long time....then it has memories associated with it.

Most new guitars start out being pretty generic.

That one looks nice though ...and I don't usually like relics much.

7. BackNtheSaddle

BackNtheSaddle Tele-Holic

Mar 25, 2012
    Philly 'Burbs
    I started a new thread for this. Let's have some fun with that!

8. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    So i guess ill save my congrats!!

9. Sea Devil

Sea Devil Tele-Afflicted

Sep 23, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    It looks pretty good to me. You're right about only being able to imagine the sound, though.

10. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 29, 2005
    ireland
    Its a sweet looking guitar - enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.