Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Not Proud of First Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by cleanheadsteve, Jun 22, 2018.

1. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    I probably didn't even put my name on anything until I got one that I could live with and that was for a couple custom builds for friends. I still don't put any logo on....I leave that to the pros....:).

PingGuo likes this.

2. Kriticaster

Kriticaster Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2017
    Crete, Greece
    Looks pretty awesome from where I’m sitting... and as pointed out you essentially got paid $1000 for it... so you’re doing ok in my book

3. cleanheadsteve

cleanheadsteve Tele-Meister

Mar 4, 2010
    Arkansas
    As far as tools... I am guilty of buying good tools at crappy pawn shops which equals crappy tools many times. Worn bearings, etc. But it has given me a live for tool building. My jointer used to be a broken 13" planer. My table saw was a circular saw with a broken basem my bandsaw is a 14" pawn shop cheapie ($175) that works great as long as I keep a car tire jack applying pressure on it to keep the blade tight : ). And of course there's my so-called shop. That's the half with the bad roof. But the good news is I got a ton of 100+ yr old oak and pine to work with. And thank u all for your great advice and encouragement. I think i:'ll probably be like the other Steve (my name is Steve also). And hit a good stride around 7 or 8 builds. rps20180606_131300.jpeg rps20180606_131543.jpeg

Kriticaster and ladave like this.

4. 2blue2

2blue2 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu
    Come on its not that bad.....well maybe....

eallen and Kriticaster like this.

5. Kriticaster

Kriticaster Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2017
    Crete, Greece
    Perhaps he’s talking about the half ‘with’ a roof?? Otherwise I hope it doesn’t rain too often...

2blue2 likes this.

6. That building just looks like it needs new paint and it will be good to go!

Great first build!

2blue2 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.