Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

nosmo's Acoustic Adventure

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by nosmo, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain
    Dogs are really good at the Jedi Mind Trick, especially when food is involved.

Mbechmann likes this.

2. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Well, there is the 3 second rule. 'Course, most dogs I know are faster than that.

3. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    When he waits beside the other grandsons highchair food never makes it to the floor:D

Barncaster likes this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    That's why dogs love kids

6. Barncaster

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain
    Ha! So true. Unfortunately, my son is a dropper but my dog is a picky eater..... I might need to borrow Butters for awhile. No breed cleans a kitchen floor like a Lab.

LeftFinger likes this.

7. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's

Nov 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    Butters eats anything eatable or not. She ate half a coke can and somehow survived, shredded the can to pieces and ate it. She tore the door off the access to the crawl space under the house and pulled all the HVAC ducts apart. Dog is ridiculous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    She's got that Who Me , Face
    Also But Hey I'm Cute

9. I_build_my_own

I_build_my_own Friend of Leo's

Mar 9, 2012
    New York
    Try feeding the dog before it is too late?

R. Stratenstein likes this.

10. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    She looks guilty as hell.

Barncaster likes this.

11. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's

Nov 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    Or she's trying to pass a shredded coke can... actually I think both might be correct.

12. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    I guess she's figured out that when she's got to wear a sign and have her picture made, she did something wrong. No, wait, I forgot, she's a lab. :p. When you want smarts in a dog, get a German Shepherd. When you want sweet and loveable, but sometimes a wee bit dense, lab.

RogerC likes this.

13. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Labs are the goofiest dogs ever and that's why they are my favorite. But I do like German Shepherds too. They can get pretty goofy as well.

Barncaster likes this.

14. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Holic

Nov 25, 2011
    Perth Australia

15. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Holic

Nov 25, 2011
    Perth Australia
    I often hear the expression "plays like butter" from guitar vendors; how well does Butter play guitar??

16. Rock-Ola

Rock-Ola Tele-Meister

Nov 26, 2009
    Hellsinkin', Finland
    Had a Doberman once. Scary smart. Here's my acoustic adventure with Rommel some 20 years ago.

[​IMG]

17. Barncaster

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain

18. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    No, Rob, didn't you see that Dobies are smart? He was the band's manager,* booking agent, and head of security. In this photo you can see that he's tuning up RO's guitar with his acute canine hearing.

*He proved to ba an excellent manager, once the little misunderstanding about accepting Alpo was ironed out.

Barncaster likes this.

19. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    An excellent manager yes, but the band got tired of working for cats & tennis balls.

Barncaster likes this.

20. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    I guess its time for an update.

I got a little distracted by other things. I was watching Paul Sellers videos and decided I needed a hand plane. A little eBayin’ later and I have 7. And a couple router planes. None of them are less than 60 years old.

Then, my sis-in-law wanted a Bonsai tree for her birthday. Well, I couldn’t just go out & buy one without knowing what I was doing. A little research and she got a nice little Juniper & some tools. I got some tools and started digging up every old hedge in the neighborhood. Don’t tell my neighbors.

I should do a Bonsai thread. I’d only have to post every year or so.

But, as I recall, there once was a classical guitar undergoing surgery in my shop. I wonder how that’s going. I had to go back a few pages to see where we left off.

Well that was 20 or 30 minutes I’ll never get back. Seems like the last thing I did was glue on the back.

Since then I cut the binding channel, cleaned it up and glued in the binding.

[​IMG]

I had to miter & fit the ends of the binding as I went.

[​IMG]

Then I scraped the finish off the sides as I was leveling the binding.

[​IMG]

It looks like the sides & back are the same wood in that picture, but that’s just a trick of the light. If you go back a couple pics, you can see the color difference between them.

I ended up removing all the old finish from the guitar. Here they are all cleaned up & ready for the first coats of shellac. I took the mandolin apart & sanded it as well. Thought I’d finish them both at the same time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That last pic shows the different woods in the classical back & sides. I think whoever built this originally had stain in the finish to make them look the same. I’m not going to do that. Just the little tint from the shellac and clear lacquer.

At least that’s the plan right now. Tune in in a couple months and maybe we’ll see how that went.

21. richa

richa Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Washington
    Ah...it goes that way. Then there's flattening the soles and general cleanup and sharpening. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.