Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Noodling with amp emulations

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by chemobrain, Apr 17, 2017.

1. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    I took two amp models Fend Twin and a 68 plexi turned off the effects , using a looper I recorded a minutes worth of playing , ran the loop through each amp separately A/B. the difference was as expected markedly different as expected. in the signal chain going to the modeling amp I inserted a MojoMojo pedal set down low to introduce some edge just a little overdrive.
    I've heard the two amp models clean and each with the mojomojo. now I know how a mild dose from the dirt pedal effects the sound of the amps. The dirt box is a keeper.
    Using the looper really was helpful in that I could hear the guitar and not have to be tweaking and listening at the same time.
    The doubts about the modeler hanging in the back of the head bone were dispelled I'll listen again tomorrow and see about that cool tone after some rest and distance.

Staypuft1652, privatesalt and Felino like this.

2. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    The more I use the mojomojo the more I like it. It has made my valve jr usable. Now waiting on a *cough* behringer to800 to try to better it yet.

chemobrain likes this.

3. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    Yes it likes a gentle touch with different amp models (the critic and cynics scoff, hrumph!) oh... but tis true. change the amp change the settings.
    Putting everything on eleven is one way to use fxs, now I have been rehabilitated. Annihilation doesn't alway require 11's, straight across the board.
    I have a device from the sabbatical that I was on just making noise, no instruments just boxes. While I was flirting out there on the event horizon search for oblivan I purchased a Box from WMD called the Gigger Counter. I is the penualtimate piece of kit for altering an audio signals mind about what it has to say.
    I want very much to hook up my latest purchase (DigiTech FreqOut Natural Feedback Creator Pedal) to the Gigger Counter for interagation. I'm certain the new kid on the block will have some interesting things to say after dancing the the Gigger Counter :lol:

Staypuft1652 likes this.

4. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    What amp modeling are you using? Other than a champion 20, I got a cheap usb interface and tried using my laptop with amplitube, guitar rig, etc. but am not terribly impressed with it all. I love the champion tho. Best amp ever, for me.

chemobrain likes this.

5. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    I'll tell ya. I just got a Digitech RP 360 that I plug into my computer audiobox, a Roland Audio Duo-Capture EX the signal goes into REASON 9.2 where the audio is recorded , @ 64 bit sound. in the puter I can tweeze twist snag, deform bend and twist any audio to suit my limited insight.
    I bought this on a buy and try no question asked if return it was spoken very high of by Dweezel Zappa who said that he had two of the in his rack ( whoops that was the big brother, the Digitech GSP1101, the Rp360 sounds as good but is a third of the price, it's a deal it's a steal.
    using Reason 9,
    Regarding the amp models: the Digitech RP 360
    The RP360 guitar multi-effect processor has over 160 different effects (55 amps, 27 cabinets, 85 effects) inspired by world’s best-selling pedals and iconic amps. The RP360 puts a world of new and amazing guitar effects at your feet for you to explore. Along with the incredible selection of effects, the RP360 has a 40-second looper, nearly 200 presets, USB port, configurable footswitch modes, built-in tuner; dedicated headphone jack, Sound Check™ and 60 built in drum tracks.
    *Other product names modeled in this product are trademarks of their respective companies that do not endorse and are not associated or affiliated with DigiTech or Harman International Industries, Inc. ADA Flanger, Arbiter Fuzz Face, Boss CE-2 Chorus, Boss CS-2, Boss DM-2, Boss DS-1, Boss Metal Zone, Boss OC-2 Octaver, Boss OD-1, Boss SD-1, Celestion, Carvin Legacy, Demeter Fuzzulator, Dunlop Cry Baby, EH Big Muff ?, EH Electric Mistress, EH Small Clone, EH Small Stone, EMT 240 Plate, Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb, Fender Blackface Twin Reverb, Fender Blonde Bassman, Fender Brownface Bassman, Fender Opto Tremolo, Fender Tweed Bassman, Fender Tweed Champ, Fender Tweed Deluxe, Fender Twin Reverb, Fulltone OCD Overdrive, Gibson GA-40, Guyatone Overdrive, Hiwatt, Ibanez Tube Screamer, Jensen Blue Backs, Laney Supergroup, Maestro EP-2, Marshall, Marshall JTM-45, Marshall Jump Panel, Marshall Master Volume, Marshall Super Lead, Matchless, Matchless Chieftain, Mesa/Boogie, .22 Caliber, Mark II, Mark IV, Dual Rectifier, Triple Rectifier, MXR, MXR Distortion +, MXR DynaComp, MXR Flanger, MXR Phase 100, Orange OR120, Peavey 5150, ProCo Rat, Randall HT-100, Roger Mayer Octavia, Roland JC-120, Soldano, Sunn 100S, TC Electronic Chorus, Unicord Uni-Vibe, VHT Amplification, Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Vox, Vox Bias Tremolo, Vox Clyde McCoy Wah, and Vox Top Boost are trademarks or trade names of other manufacturers and were used merely to identify products whose sounds were reviewed in the creation of this product. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

6. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Oh ok awesome. Long ago I had an RP-50

7. MuddyWolf

MuddyWolf TDPRI Member

May 11, 2017
    Paradise, Ca
    Mojomojo into an Atomic Amplifire12 works quite good. In fact the mojomojo sounds quite good wth my 65 deluxe and the fender amp in the loud room at GC.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.