Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Non-Fender Telecasters

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by durango jon-boy, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who here owns a Tele that isn't Fender brand?
    What brand is it?:confused:
  2. Tool user

Tool user TDPRI Member

Jan 18, 2004
    Boise, ID
    G&L ASAT Classic Custom. Superschweet axe. Traditional G&L MFD in the bridge & a soapbar in the neck position cough up some seriously naughty tones. There's a photo in my profile.
  3. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

have a Jay Turser tele clone with cherry burst nitro finish, double binding, natural fingerboard, skunk stripe, medium jumbo frets, GFS hummer in neck and Hot Lil Puncher in bridge...cost was $179 shipping included....a no brainer, completely happy with it...actually is my most often grabbed non-bender tele, and i have several to choose currently considering one of their all rosewood tele copies..don't really matter to me that it doesn't say Fender on the headstock...i have lotsa others that are real Fenders...but really...the Turser hangs in there with any of them at a fourth of the price or less....had a Cozart tele copy that i sent back the day it dog...
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. sidneystreet

sidneystreet Tele-Afflicted

Jul 7, 2005
    I have a Schecter PT-Vintage. It is an alder body telecaster copy. I love this guitar, and play it daily. This guitar is at my side while I surf the net during the day. If it were my only tele-styled guitar, I'd still be a happy man.
  6. Wildhawk

Wildhawk Tele-Meister

Feb 6, 2006

Yamaha necks are excellent and overall I believe their QC is better than Fender on average. Ash cap on alder with this MS311. It's my "daily" player.
  7. teleclarkster

teleclarkster Tele-Holic

Apr 26, 2005
    Way Out West
    I have a Fernandes, there's a picture in my gallery.
  8. valleyartsman

valleyartsman Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2005
    valley arts makes some great playing teles to.
  9. PraiseCaster

PraiseCaster Poster Extraordinaire

I owned a Jay Turser LT Custom. Nice Guitar. Sold it to purchase my Squier Butterscotch Blonde Affinty Special Tele. it just out performed the Turser.
  10. I also used to have the Yamaha Pacifica Tele. I liked it a lot, and I am guessing so did the person who stole it.

I now have a Hamer Slammer Tele. Nice solid guitar.
  11. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 21, 2006
    Vienna, Austria
    My tele is made from Warmoth parts.
  12. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Built this one myself. It's got a Strat neck on it from a '99 Am Dlx.

13. beachkos

beachkos Former Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Newburgh, New York
    My "Beachcaster" was built by Rich + Chris Rice at Rice Custom Guitars

Regards, Gary
  14. Dr. T

Dr. T Tele-Holic

Mar 23, 2005
    Pittston, Maine
    Mine started out life as all Chandler, now it's got an ESP neck, Gibson HB neck p/up, Vintage Noiseless bridge. It rocks.
  15. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

At present I own three T-style guitars.

Rice Custom

Linhof Special (built and finished by former Fender masterbuilder Jay Black)

1986 ASAT (maple body, one of the first ASAT's made)

16. Dick Seacup

Dick Seacup Tele-Meister

Nov 6, 2006
    In my head
    G&L ASAT Classic:

G&L ASAT Junior:

And one I no longer own (it's somewhere in Europe now), a Peavey Cropper Classic in Rhythm Blue:

17. Short Circuit

Short Circuit Tele-Meister

Dec 10, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Saga Kit Telecaster

18. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    I have a 71 or 72 National FT440 "lawsuit era" copy. The cheapest top loader bridge you ever saw... has a zero fret and the neck is laminated from 10,000 little pieces of wood and the body appears to have a seam in the middle of the side like the top and back were 3/4 or 7/8 pieces glues together... no tellin how many pieces the body is... I bought it planning on routing a big hole in the top for a reso cone but never did that.

It's the one on the left...
  19. CharlieO

CharlieO Friend of Leo's

Mar 2, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    That looks like a nice guitar, but I'm having a hard time with the idea that it might be called a "Tele".
  20. petebradt

petebradt Former Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Niner Country
    You're not alone on that.

Body shape does not a Tele make.
  21. Grey

Grey Tele-Meister

Apr 18, 2006
    Kent, United Kingdom
    The Tele im still building (I will finish it!) is a partscaster using many Fender parts, but its not really a Fender.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.