Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Nobels Overdrive

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Mustang67, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Mustang67

Mustang67 TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2018
    london
    Hi, everyone. I have a Nobels Overdrive ODR-1 (Korea 1993). Im happy with the sound but I would like to change to a Maxon OD-808 Overdrive. Does anyone know the price of the ODR-1 in the second hand market? Its in a very good condition.
    Thanks and greetings.
    :)

2. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu

Not clue but welcome aboard... and I'be always liked that tube screamer circuit
    67 mustang Car picture? I am imagining this

67-Ford-Mustang-Conv-DV-09_RMH-01.jpg

tweedman2001 and Mustang67 like this.
  3. JD0x0

JD0x0 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    I'd hang onto it. I'm seeing them $100 USD on ebay all day, new, and my dad picked one up for ~$50 a few weeks ago. He actually likes it a bit more than his OD-808.

The highest priced one I'm seeing that sold is a 10th anniversary model ('95) for $195. You may be able to get someone to pay a lot for yours, but I wouldn't count on it, seeing as new ones are easily available.

Mustang67 likes this.
  4. Mustang67

Mustang67 TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2018
    london
    Maybe be most beautiful car ever. Thanks.

5. Mustang67

Mustang67 TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2018
    london
    I love the sound of my ODR-1 but I need a change, LOL. I dont know what to do. Anyway, thanks a lot.

JD0x0 likes this.
  6. JD0x0

JD0x0 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    Keep it and save for something new! It's always good to have a few flavors of distortion, even if you're not using them every day. Plus then you can stack your two OD pedals for some real creamy thick leads ;)

Mustang67 and 2blue2 like this.
  7. Mustang67

Mustang67 TDPRI Member

Sep 22, 2018
    london
    Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm, very interesting. Thanks again

8. Love the car 2blue2. Mine was originally that too. It will be again when I get to repainting it.
    67 in 18.jpg

2blue2 likes this.
  9. igor5

igor5 Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2016
    Chicago
    Keep ODR

Mustang67 likes this.
  10. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    Curious about this new ODR-1 mini coming out, apparently all the original magic but with true bypass, my main gripe about the previous reissue!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  11. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    Do you have a link or info? I can’t find anything on this?

12. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    For whoever is interested, I grabbed an ODR mini as an impulse buy on Black Friday. It was $63 and change at Prymaxe, so I figured at least there would be resale value.

Nope. I'm not letting it go any time soon. It's a beautiful thing, everything I remember about the reissue odr1 with true-bypass and mini-sized. Stack it into a Rat, granted not the usual Nashville use for it but I'm not in or from Nashville anyway, and pure happiness ensues. No bypass-tone-suck to speak of, either. It's a heavyweight contender, for sure.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.