Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

No grain filler on butterscotch?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by csmatt45, Apr 17, 2013.

1. csmatt45

csmatt45 TDPRI Member

Hi there. After many searches and lots of reading I finally decided to join the cult of the telecaster. :p
    Lots of search, lots of info on grain filler, but couldn't find info about NO grain filler.
    Remember seeing an ash tele body a while back that someone had done in a yellow or butterscotch (can't remember exactly), but they had intentionally skipped the grain fill and sprayed nitro direct to the body so that you could see and feel the texture of the ASH (sanded smooth obviously). I thought it seemed like a cool idea and wanted to know if anyone had ever done this or had any experience with it.
    I assume fender never did it this way, but wanted to see if you folks had tried it.
    Thanks in advance! Glad this forum is here!

2. JCSouthpawtele

JCSouthpawtele Friend of Leo's

Search out the threads by member Colt W.Knight. his thread on butterscotch finish is the largest thread on the subject.

3. csmatt45

csmatt45 TDPRI Member

Thx, will try that. I guess it's not done often or someone would have replied... :)

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. csmatt45

csmatt45 TDPRI Member

JC, I appreciate the tip, but perhaps you misunderstood my post. I wasn't looking for info on butterscotch finish itself. I'm looking for info about spraying nitro onto raw wood without grain filler. I checked out Colt's posts and found lots of info, but none about that specifically. Did I miss something?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.