Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NKT275, NKT Red Dot & CV7003 (Analogman, Cornell & JAM)

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by joeperkinsmusic, Apr 20, 2018.

1. joeperkinsmusic

joeperkinsmusic TDPRI Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Bristol, UK
    Hi folks - shot this demo earlier & thought it might be an interesting one to post here. It's a comparison of the Cornell First Fuzz (NKT275) Analogman Sun Face (NKT Red Dot) and JAM Fuzz Phrase (CV7003). At max gain they all sound very close indeed but at lower gain/with guitar volume rolled back, the subtleties of the transistors really do shine through. They're all amazing!

Please do let me know what you think/which is your favourite/etc!

FilthyFur74 and Shango66 like this.

2. FilthyFur74

FilthyFur74 Tele-Holic

Jan 1, 2013
    Yorkshire, UK
    Very cool! I’ve recently started putting a Germanium powered Booster before my Germanium Fuzz pedals and keeping the amp clean. I actually prefer it to running the fuzz into a crunchy amp. My Pigdog SpaceFace NKT275 Sound so much better that way, imho. Really brings out the harmonics.

3. Skip Reid

Skip Reid TDPRI Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Mississippi
    New NKT red dot member here. Sounds like a choir of angels when I roll the volume back with a strat.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.