Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Nighthawk Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by nvilletele, Sep 9, 2009.

1. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    I know there must be some other Nighthawk owners out there (well, at least one other . . . right, Nighthawk?) . . . let's see 'em all . . . whether plain Hawks, Landmark Series, SP, SP3, ST, ST3, CST or CST3 . . .

Here's my Nighthawk ST3 in translucent amber, with 3 pups and 10 different pickup combos; one of the most versatile guitars around IMHO. Though not a Tele in any way, it does have through the body stringing and a 25.5" scale length. The Gibson model for Fender fans . . . .

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For further info on Nighthawks, check out: http://blueshawk.info/new_nighthawk.htm

2. nvilletele

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    Red Nighthawk SP3

Here's another Nighthawk, that I just sold . . . this one's an SP3 . . . . same as an ST3, with different fret markers, no fretboard binding and no headstock inlay, and maybe slightly lower grade top, but otherwise plays and sounds the same as the Standard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hellopain

hellopain Tele-Meister

Dec 30, 2008
    The Philippines
    are epiphone nighthawks welcome?

[​IMG]

i can't afford the real one :oops:

4. nvilletele

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    You betcha, they're welcome! Nothing in the description mentioned Gibson-only . . . . and according to most Craigslist sellers, Epiphones are Gibsons, right? Well, even though they aren't really Gibsons, this is the Nighthawk club, no restrictions as to manufacturer. And it's not like it's too crowded here or anything . . . .

Nice looking 'hawk you got there . . . . That's a really purty burst . . . .

5. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2004
    Middle America
    Just picked up an SP3 ...

... off of CL for $750, which I think is a good deal. I will go to pick it up Saturday.

I play in a '70s funk-cover band (EWF, Prince, Kool & the Gang) and am hoping this does some of the single-coil fun I'm looking for.

I will let you know and post pics next week.

PS- Working on a new Nashville Power Tele as well, so I haven't gone COMPLETELY over to the dark side ...

Peace.

6. nvilletele

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    Yes, that is a good deal, especially if you got the original Gibson hardshell case with it. It is hard to find any other case that really properly fits a nighthawk. The case with the red one in the second post in this thread kind of worked, but not really.

The red one above sold on ebay for $1030, so I'd say you did real well.

7. bluetele54

bluetele54 Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    ...my black 2-pup...

...I love the 2-pup version,and played the crap out of it when I bought it in '93 or so...

...I wonder if there are any parts floating around,specifically a pickup switch assembly...

...any knowledge???...

8. nvilletele

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    I've seen one ebay seller who has, in the past at least, always offered the slanted humbucker at an outrageously high price, but I haven't seen anyone offering the switch itself. The new Nighthawk just issued by Gibson has only the 2 humbucker configuration, though very different pickups, but dont know whether the switch would work for ya, or even whether it can be ordered separately.

9. jgiblin

jgiblin NEW MEMBER!

Dec 2, 2009
    King George, VA
    I saw those pickups on ebay. 150.00 for a slanted pickup! I just ripped an epiphone apart and put it back together with all new electronics and I replaced the slanted hb with a lace dually (on sale for $35.00 at guitar center). I cut it apart and fit into the ring. Replaced the middle single coil with a lace silver and replaced the mini hb with a lace purple. Ordered custom pickup rings for the two singles from a guy on the web. The guitar is in VA Beach now getting the fretswork. I have pictures if anyone is interested. Jim

10. TELE_BLUES

TELE_BLUES Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I had a bolt on neck epi sadly it had a rubber neck so i sold it.Decided to build my own.Korina(limba) body with quilted maple top,2 p-90's 6 position varytone and a great warmoth neck with ebony fingerboard. [​IMG]

11. nvilletele

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    ooooh, that looks very very nice . . . .

12. TELE_BLUES

TELE_BLUES Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Just need to decide on a finsh color and rout the rear control cavity.I loved the epi i had but the neck was junk.

13. Debdas

Debdas NEW MEMBER!

Dec 3, 2009
    bHUBANESWAR
    I too have a nighthawk but i brought it second hand. It is a semi electronic guitar. I am facing problem with it, when ever i keep it for some days it's sound comes with clarity.

14. nachos

nachos NEW MEMBER!

Dec 14, 2009
    Blahblahkistan
    Well this is mine. Its an Epiphone. I must admit I didn't like nighthawks before but I got a good deal on this one. The tonal possibilities blew me out and I love how light it is. Mine has tortis (faux) accents on the slanted humbucker ring, truss rod cover, input connector, and on both switches. I added a custom cover for the mini humbucker. I did so mainly to cover the tarnished gold. I also had to place one on the selector switch to cover some wood rot that stained the veneer around the screws that hold it together. I carefully carved the rot out and filled it with wood filler. I also changed the knobs to black with white numbers as they combine well with the //////OBL graphics. The previous owner added gold gotoh locking tuners which I love. After a little deoxit treatment on the electronics, everything sounds as good as new.

Attached Files:

15. NorwNighthawk

NorwNighthawk NEW MEMBER!

Dec 30, 2009
    Norway
    Great club, - applying for membership.
    Just got myself a secondhand Epiphone Nighthawk on ebay.
    The hawk will be landing in the middle of next month after a transatlantic flight.
    Until then I will have to be satisfied by playing on the internet.

16. Magoo_71

Magoo_71 TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Canada
    Here's mine

Hi guys, I'm new here. I found this site while searching infos on Nighthawk, and you helped me to choose between a Les Paul and this baby, my Nighthawk. I'm really happy with it, great tones and the kind of grunchy tones I was searching for, with many more in extra!!! This guitar has everything, the look, the tones, playability... Thanks a lot for creating this site as there's not much info on Nighthawks out there... I grabbed it out for 300$ CAD, sure it bears some little scratches and dings here and there, but it is in overall exelent condition for a '95 axe. Here are some pics... :D

Attached Files:

17. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 28, 2006
    NELA, Ca
    You can't really tell from this polaroid but I turned mine into a 'fretless'
    [​IMG]

18. Magoo_71

Magoo_71 TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Canada
    Nighthawk Poster

For those who may be interested, I found a nice poster which figures out a half of an Epiphone Nighthawk. It's from Trends # RP9796 and available at Wal-Mart... I joined a pic below... When I got mine (the poster), I wasn't knowing the Nighthawk and was wondering which guitar could it be... now I got mine hung just beside!!!

Attached Files:

19. Joefish

Joefish Tele-Afflicted

Dec 31, 2008
    PA

20. SteveoWOAH

SteveoWOAH NEW MEMBER!

Jan 27, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Hey, I'm new um I was going to buy an Epiphone Nighthawk tomorrow with the 3 pickups and couldn't find very much info on them, im getting it for $400 it has VERY minimal body damage, almost perfect condition and is a sunburst, it looks exactly like the one in this link. I just wanted to get some guidance on this, good deal? I know it sounds FANTASTIC I played it earlier.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/epiphone nighthawk/sppjr/EpiphoneNighthawk.jpg?o=1

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.