Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Night club fire in Brazil

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Westerly Sunn, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 28, 2006
    S.E. North Carolina
    This was mentioned in the Band in Trouble thread so I thought I'd post this link as when I did a quick search in response to that thread, the articles that were coming up were not giving as much detail on the incident itself as the witness did in the article that I had read earlier (and linked to here) and were seeming to give a different spin (seemingly to dodge responsibility...).

http://news.yahoo.com/no-alarm-only-1-exit-brazil-nightclub-fire-002812171.html

2. Telenut62

Telenut62 Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 29, 2008
    Eugowra, Australia
    Here comes the cover up, apparently the security cameras tapes have gone "missing"

3. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity

my best mate is living in Brasil with his brasillian wife... she's from the South. I talk to them on skype every other day.... I've spend time over there myself..... they're up Natal way atm...

I always notice these stories about Brasil.

there was talk the bouncers stopped the people rushing out at first... worried they were skipping their bar bills.... that caused the pile up at the doors.... and other exits weren't marked or were locked....

tragic....

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    I read that story earlier this evening. Very sad. Very very sad.

6. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Memphis TN
    On the way home the news said the band used an outdoor flare inside the club, and they think that apparently caught the ceiling insulation on fire.
    Pyros don't belong indoors , especially with amateurs.
    Sad senseless loss of life.

7. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    Sad, sad, day for everybody.

8. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 28, 2006
    S.E. North Carolina
    That's for sure... and neither does non-fire rated foam either!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.