Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Nick Curran....7Yrs ago

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by fendertx, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    The anniversary of Nick Curran's death popped up in my social media feed this morning.

Nick was yet another amazingly talented artist I really only learned about after he had died.
    His style is right in my wheel house, it pains me I didnt get an oppurtunity to see him in concert.

with Kim Lenz

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    brookdalebill and elihu like this.

2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    I agree with you-Nick was a great player and singer who left us too soon. His first release Fixin' Your Head is perfect jump blues. He's got the songs, he's got the sound, it's like getting in a time machine and going back to the early 50's.

And Nick did blues and rockabilly just as well I think. He toured with Ronnie Dawson when he was 19 years old. A friend of mine who also played with Ronnie told me that Nick got a perverse pleasure out of destroying other guitar players with vintage Gibson's and Fenders using a Squier and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

fendertx likes this.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Great player/singer, and he was a nice guy, too.
    He autographed my guitar strap.
    RIP, brother.

fendertx likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.