Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Nice gift!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jakedog, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    I've been working with an older gentleman. Well, not old, but older than me. Which these days, even in my mid 40's, is getting rare. Lol.

A couple weeks ago he got a load of my custom Benchmade day carry knife, which was a birthday gift from my little brother a couple years ago.

Tonite he gifted me a very old and well worn Benchmade auto. Spring is killer, wicked clean and fast, and its sharp enough to shave with. Came out of nowhere. I never saw it coming. But what a sweet blade!

Here are my Benchmade blades, together.

IMG_2334.JPG

sean79, src9000, troy2003 and 18 others like this.

2. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland
    you might want to use it if your sweetwater box arrives. :D

3. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    or doesn't arrive:lol:

src9000, nojazzhere, Boubou and 5 others like this.

4. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

That's a great gift!

Since you are a into knives, not sure if you've seen these before, but sorry to fuel some KAS, hehe.

Watch a CNC make boutique knives! And the other is a channel of top end knife reviews, this particular video is of an EDC pocket spinner for something different but you can skim through his knife videos, there are some unique ones. Before you wonder what these all go for these knives (and amazingly the tops!) tend to be like buying brand new MIM, MIA, or even those fancy new upper end Gibson LPs. There is also the same constant debate about CNC vs Hand-made...

Jakedog likes this.

5. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    very nice , congrats

Jakedog likes this.

6. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    Very nice. I had the liner lock version of that one back in the day.

A friend who was a cop in Indianapolis carried that one as his EDC.

Jakedog likes this.

7. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I had a friend who collected Benchmade knives. He had spinabifida and didn't really go anywhere unless I took him. His prized possessions were his knife collection and his adult air rifles. Air rifles are expensive (one of his was $3000 and two year waiting list)...but I was blown away by how much money was involved in his collection of about 12 or 15 Benchmade knives.

Very nice gift, JD! Those things are heirloom stuff!

Jakedog and Nickadermis like this.

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

PSA, unless they follow through and change the law in Louisiana, these "automatic" knives are not entirely legal in Louisiana.

Not a bad idea to research this if you're visiting. Hopefully we can get this fixed; the Bill is pending right now I think. May change very soon.

Jakedog likes this.

9. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Nice, I have a Benchmade Mini Griptilian, best knife I ever had

Jakedog likes this.

10. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    That is a sharp gift !

Jakedog likes this.

11. Recce

Recce Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    I have a couple spring assisted Kershaw Knives and was wondering if they were legal everywhere. They can be opened pretty fast. One of them is the Rainbow type which I bought because it is pretty and basically for show. I have more Case Knives than should be allowed.

Jakedog and boris bubbanov like this.

12. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    My daily carry for the last 7 years has been a Kershaw Leek. Great knife. Like the low profile in my pocket and sharp point for delicate work. Also impressed with how strong said point is!

Jakedog and Fiesta Red like this.

13. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Holic

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    I carried a Byrd (cheap spyderco) for quite a while. I generally forget more often than not.

My wife helped me get the knife of my teenage years, a sog tomcat for my birthday one year.

I got a couple custom knives made by a local guy, traded him a gun for them. I will take a picture when I get home, they are sweet.

Have you ever been to blade show in Atlanta? It's pretty awesome.

Jakedog likes this.

14. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    That top one, all black? I have that exact same knife in a switchblade. A friend who was a cop got it for me as a gift.

Benchmade are very high quality knives. Good score for you!

Jakedog likes this.

15. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Holic

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    Here's the handmade blades, the maker is Carl Rechsteiner. My wife's is the fancy one, mine was made from melted ball bearings.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I picked mine because it just looked like something Jack the Ripper probably would have liked.

Jakedog and telestratosonic like this.

16. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I had a girlfriend who once told me she always wanted a switch blade knife. I found her one. I think she was trembling a bit when she took it out of the box. I showed her how to unlock it and how to open it safely. Then I let her pop it open. I think she was actually relieved that instead of a blade, it had a comb.

HNKD!

Jakedog, RetroTeleRod and nojazzhere like this.

17. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Nice....my grandson would probably appreciate that a lot.....Me? my everyday carry is (please don't laugh) is a thirty-year-old Swiss Army Tinker.....I like it because it's got a sharp blade, flat-head, Phillips, awl, can opener, and a smaller blade. Big plus....toothpick and tweezers. Important thing is....Real Men carry knives!

djh22, Jakedog and 3fngrs like this.

18. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    You must not be Irish.

Jakedog and nojazzhere like this.

19. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Over my head....? I do like Irish Whiskey and U2.....;)

Jakedog likes this.

20. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I love old knives, vintage, and some current.

Those "bench" made knives look like plastic made not on a bench? Just too modern I guess.

Maybe I just like 'old timers" etc.

Jakedog likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.