Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Kreepy, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Kreepy

Kreepy Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2018
    Maud, Oklahoma
    Scored a MIM classic players 50s strat actually a couple of days ago but it needed a little love this is a smoking little guitar. Didn't really know anything about this model until a few days ago but I'm really impressed. It's a lot of Stratocaster for the money. Soft v neck profile but with a 9.5 radius and medium jumbo frets. 57/63 pickups and vintage looking locking tuners. Also has a modern 2 point tremelo with the vintage style saddles. One piece alder body and a 2 tone burst. I' loving every minute with this one so far. The only mods I've done is strap locks and changed positon 4 on the pickup selector. For some reason this one came factory with position 4 being the neck/bridge instead of neck/middle. 20180112_173212.jpg 20180112_173149.jpg 20180112_173201.jpg 20180112_173103.jpg 20180112_173041.jpg 20180112_173324.jpg

tery, Piggy Stu, Thin69 and 12 others like this.

2. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Cool, congratulations

3. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    Purdy

Kreepy likes this.

4. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Lovely does it come in south paw? congrats!

5. Kreepy

Kreepy Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2018
    Maud, Oklahoma
    Thanks guys. I hope they make a lefty version of this one. I would hate for you guys to miss out.

6. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    Congrats! Being a lefty, my closest shot at getting that same guitar would cost thousands. Granted, a CS Strat has better DNA, but not necessarily better player. Costs aside, I’d take the CS any day. But I digress. Enjoy it. A lot.

Kreepy likes this.

7. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Sweet Stratocaster you got there, congrats!

Kreepy likes this.

8. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice! You sure about the one pc. body? I'm not that particular, just looks like a seam on the top below the wammer. Usually you can tell better by looking in the spring/bridge pocket in the back. Also, are the ends of the pickup covers gnawed off at the factory? Other than that and the booger on the upper horn, it looks like a shiny new Caddy. Nice features including the Vee neck. Enjoy!

9. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    I have the same guitar. Love it. First played that particular neck on a Clapton model and liked it more than any other strat or tele neck I’d played recently. Didn’t want a Clapton though (due to both price and active electronics) but this CP 50 fit the bill. Loved it from the minute I started playing it. I had the switch re-wired as well. The original wiring did have a ghost position between 3 and 4 that gave you the neck-middle combination, but I use that position a LOT and didn’t want to have to hunt for it.

I had a mid-70’s strat for about 30 years - I like this one better in pretty much every way...

Congrats and enjoy!

-Ray

Kreepy likes this.

10. voodoo tele

voodoo tele Tele-Meister

Sep 30, 2009
    kansas
    Cool or looking guitar!!!

Kreepy likes this.

11. Kreepy

Kreepy Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2018
    Maud, Oklahoma
    Thanks guys. The guy that had it before me chipped the pickup covers to look like the buddy holly strat.

12. ladave

ladave Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Congrats on a great guitar. Had the exact same one for awhile and loved it.

What the heck happened to the pickup covers?

Kreepy likes this.

13. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

14. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Nice guitar! Congratulations.

15. MA6200

MA6200 Tele-Meister

May 12, 2017
    Maryland
    Very cool! Enjoy.

16. brenn

brenn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    Beautiful guitar. I've never tried a strat with a neck-bridge pickup position, that I recall, but it sounds like it would be cool. I'd probably go full Buddy Holly with some new pickup covers and a single-ply pickguard.

Kreepy likes this.

17. Kreepy

Kreepy Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2018
    Maud, Oklahoma
    I have a MIM deluxe players strat and they have a push/push button that turns the bridge pickup on in positions 4 and 5. Neck and bridge is a cool sound but not so cool that I want to give up a spot on my switch for it. The neck and middle position is my favorite on a strat. With the 7 position pickup switch on the deluxe players running all the pickups is pretty tasty too. I highly recommend checking one out. They come with American vintage noiseless pickups factory. 20171020_172429.jpg 20171020_172320.jpg

18. Kreepy

Kreepy Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2018
    Maud, Oklahoma
    If I was lefty I would be building partscasters like they were going out of style. I hate how the factory neglects you guys. One of my best friends is a lefty and until we started running together I didn't know how bad it was. You guys don't even get the same color options.

8barlouie likes this.

19. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs

20. Thin69

Thin69 Friend of Leo's

Oct 28, 2009
    Galveston, TX

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.