Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by TheDTrain, Aug 30, 2017.

1. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    Jersey
    Bought a Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster, the double bound sunburst one, from a local shop. Gonna try and replace the bridgeplate with a flat one and the nut with bone. Really like the country tones I can get on this one. Anyone know where I can get a black pickguard that'll fit this guitar for cheap?

TeleRooo, Lobomov, tery and 2 others like this.

2. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    '
    I'd try eBay first...

'

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017

3. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    '
    ...oh, plus; pics or it didn't happen and congratulations!

'

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    brogh and Steve Holt like this.

4. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    Jersey
    No pics yet I got it on layaway. Retail workers sorrows

5. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    Any pickguard that will fit a standard usa or mexican tele will fit the classic vibe custom.

6. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Just get yourself a 5 hole pickguard, or you will have to drill extra holes and lose the "classic vibe" vintage feeling... ;)

7. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    STRATosphere do a huge range, and are great value. I have them shipped to Australia and it's still better than the local market.

8. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    Jersey
    Would a CV 50s pickguard work?

9. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    yes along with any 5 hole pickguard but don't feel like you need a Squier pickguard for a good replacement

nicod98 and TheDTrain like this.

10. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    correct. I got a cheapo 5 hole pickguard from eBay that fit perfectly.

11. Edsel Presley

Edsel Presley Tele-Meister

Jan 29, 2017
    I bought a replacement for my Squier standard and it didn't fit. But, it was about the cheapest one I could find. THe one on it now (not the original, but on it when I got it) doesn't fit exactly right either. I'm starting to suspect it's because of the control plate. Are some wider than others?

12. teleaddicted

teleaddicted Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2013
    Roma Urbe
    Yes, you have two different control plate radius; Classic Vibes should meet Fender specs. I replaced the mint pickguard on my Classic Vibe Custom with an All Parts aged mother of pearl with no issue, it fitted right away.

13. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    Jersey
    Got a 52 5 hole pickguard for he CV custom. So what pickguard would fit a Squier Standard? The 52 seemed to line up well. Its time to replace the pg on my standard.

14. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Why oh why would you want to replace that vintage bridge? Does the lip bother you yet?

That is a BEAUTIFUL model. Plus, I'm a sunburst fan, and double bound to boot? Come on. It's perfect.

Keep your lip. And get an ashtray for fantastic photos and to keep dust off the pup.

And congratulations!!! Enjoy it!!!

ronzhd likes this.

15. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Also don't think that a nut change on this model is going to make some vast improvement, even if you're paying some good $$$ to have someone who really knows what he's doing it install and cut it for you based on your preferred string gauge.

Nuts are a ***** to do right, and if not, it's a disaster.

Don't ask me how I know, but you can guess.

16. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    Jersey
    I'm replacing the bridge plate plus go bone nut or go home my guy is Fender certified and he does great work. Every nut he's cut for me has been great.

17. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    I can understand the nut, or at least getting the current one setup properly for playability reasons but you aren't one of those guys that claim it increases tone and sustain across the entire guitar. ;) I only kid if you want to get a new nut go for it but depending on how much it is to replace the nut I would probably look at other areas to improve, like the electronics which aren't pleasant to use especially if you use them a lot. And vintage style bridges are all part of the classic vibe :cry:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017

18. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    Jersey
    I'm a punk/soul player man I pick hard I need the flat plate. But it's 3 barrel plate so I can keep the barrels

19. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Nov 16, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Kids these dayz.... lol, get off my lawn!

TeleRooo and Ira7 like this.

20. TheDTrain

TheDTrain Tele-Holic

Jun 12, 2010
    Jersey
    There's a level of presence and twang I've never gotten from "synthetic" bone. Only an actual bone nut

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.