Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD..wtf....was supposed to be a blacktop modded

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by bftfender, Feb 12, 2018.

1. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Good God.

Here's a picture of the Squier CV Thinline. Way too much poorly educated guesses here.

[​IMG]

Here's the Fender reissue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    dented and telemnemonics like this.

2. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Also, looking at the grain in your photos...based on the quality of those photos...

It doesn't seem to rise to Fender OR Squier standards. Just doesn't look right, unless the photos really messed up the reality, which is of course possible.

All Fenders would have better finish than that.

3. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA

4. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    bad pictures, the grain is nice, will try and get better pics

5. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    So what is your not poorly educated guess?

Just trying to understand what you're saying, because all you did was post two photos.

MitchMiami, YALCaster and SonsOfMoog like this.

6. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

That story still doesn't make sense to me. If he's sending you the blacktop, when you get it and all looks good, send the other guitar back. That's called doing the right thing, and being "100%" like you said yourself. Just calling it like I see it based off your posts.

7. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    IMO you got a partscaster, simply.
    If you like how it plays just ask to be partially refund.
    If I was you I would ask for the blacktop because this is what you wanted. But this is just me.
    Good luck.

8. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    Could it be the guitar you received was bought by someone else, and the seller got the addresses mixed up? You could check their completed listings to see if that might be the case.

bender66 likes this.

9. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 25, 2008
    Berwyn, IL
    If you like the guitar enough and feel you would have paid that amount for it anyway, then if were me, I'd keep it.

10. ladave

ladave Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Don't understand how there is even a conversation about "what to do". Is it not obvious that you contact the seller and let him know that he made a mistake?

How does one even consider keeping something that they were not supposed to receive without talking to the seller first?

11. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

how much did you pay for it...if you think it was a deal keep it

12. goldwax

goldwax Tele-Meister

Feb 19, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    People, please read the thread. The OP has already stated that he contacted the seller, who is sending him his Blacktop and letting him keep the Thinline.

~fin~

Jupiter, Crobbins and SecretSquirrel like this.

13. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    well checking out of TDPRI, why same ol BS as all the other sites..BUT thanks to the ones of you who post good stuff..i have some very good guitars and amps due to "real" world reviews and honesty of the product . I knew better to get on the internet and post, will just read specific stuff now, not comment any more..does it matter ? nah... but wasting time on fake ass cyber space does..

Now this seller has emailed me all night ..put money on my account..taken it away and now says i have to send it back to him and then he will refund..... sorry ...send me the guitar i was supposed to get and then i will send the guitar back...have a 100% rating and buy and sell music equipment all the time...feel like i should just buy a new American tele today and ease the pain...................and it turns out the guitar he sent me is squier 69 thinline, some fender neck he claims....it has surprised me though..i would do squier body as a partscaster..cant find a flaw on it

14. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    Apologies, I missed btfender's reply about hearing from the seller, where it was added to the quote and consequently appeared below the visible snippet.

If the seller says 'keep the Squier' because they don't want to pay return shipping to correct their own mistake, then it seems okay to keep it. That is, the buyer isn't under a moral obligation to pay return shipping.

(I once mixed up two eBay items, sent them to the wrong buyers. Fortunately I caught my mistake and got it sorted out before the items arrived. Buyers were understanding and sent each other the right item. Also fortunate the items cost little and fit into a standard letter envelope. But that was the first & last time I let myself make that embarassing mistake!)

Also—btfender, I hope you'll stick around. :)

Edit — I see the seller changed their mind...keep us posted!

telemnemonics and LowThudd like this.

15. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA

I was just saying that I 'called it' in post #4, but was largely ignored. People even said neither Fender nor Squier ever produced a dark color natural stain thinline, so I posted pics to show that they did. Never sure why people post in guitar ID threads with 'info' if they have no idea what they are talking about.

dented, telemnemonics and bender66 like this.

16. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    this has turned into an something i never thought i would ever do...i called Ebay and had to have them block him...ebay discloses all your info when a dispute happens and he has my phone number and email...been harassed all night and into today..i called Ebay and they asked me what i wanted,,,i simply said i will keep the guitar...they have all his emails through ebay and now blocked him from me,,,they red them and definetley said it was harrasment..i even told him..send me the other guitar and when it gets ere and its ok ..i will ship yours back..i have a 100% rating on ebay and buy a lot for my work and lots of musical stuff....i was actually surprised ebay backed me up...i kept my class throughout all my responses and the seller really tweeked out..i even said i would exchange ..so Ebay can read all interaction between buyer and seller, but when you dispute your registered info is disclosed to eachother..not cool..my phone number was given out...all and all..the guitar is nice..that squier body and 60's classic neck make a very nice player...also if someone ships you something and wants it back..ebay views it as shipper fault and you are not obligated to return it

goldwax likes this.

17. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 21, 2009
    Mount Pearl NL
    unreal how is all turned out...so whats happening? are you getting the blacktop? or has things deteriorated to the point he's gotten pissy with you and isn't doing anything to resolve his mistake?

J5

18. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    to the point , he has harassed me, forced an invoice through paypal for the guitar again, refunded money, then took it away, it keeps going in and out of my bank account. Ebay has made him blocked from me, they went through all our correspondence and apologized to me. Point i dont like is Ebay discloses your address and phone number once a dispute is requested. This opens up for so much harassment, i run a 24 hr locksmith business and this has taken up so much time, i actually missed some jobs this week. I offered at one point, send me what i was supposed to get and i will return your guitar. He said ok and then all the sudden flipped wig and and told me i was to pay return shipping. At that point , i decided this guitar isnt going anywhere until another one shows up....almost ready to go back to Gibson, those owners are just ego maniacs,...lol..JK

19. goldwax

goldwax Tele-Meister

Feb 19, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    They need to boot that seller from eBay. After he sends you your Blacktop.

bftfender likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.