Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD with problem

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by vmvega86, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vmvega86

vmvega86 NEW MEMBER!

Sep 20, 2017
    Columbus,ohio
    Hi all, this is my first post and I'm looking for feedback. I just bought a Hadean antiquity telecaster and was very happy with the guitar until i noticed a crack im the neck pocket by the low e. I am guessing it may be a finish crack but dont know enough to be sure so I am looking for advice. What are your thoughts based on the picture? Am i too picky for an $85 dollar guitar? Should I return it? 20170920_201928.jpg

2. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Holic

Apr 15, 2017
    Harvest, Alabama
    If it plays well, sounds good, and stays in tune, then she is a keeper.

Looks to be a crack in the paint, with no certain evidence of a crack in the body.

Some women have a few stretch marks, but they are still wonderful, giving, intelligent, productive, and awesome women.
    Celebrate the battle scars.

:)

3. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    welcome aboard, there are some really knowledgeable people here, so have some fun and dig in!

did you buy this unit new or used? If new I would go back to the seller and let him know about it and show him. You have a 10 day cooling off period if you buy some thing new, you could always exchange it for another one if they have it, but what you dont know if it is structural or cosmetic in the finish.

some one else on this site may be more knowing than I am
    again welcome

4. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Looks like a finish issue to me. The heat-dried finish just cracked.

5. vmvega86

vmvega86 NEW MEMBER!

Sep 20, 2017
    Columbus,ohio
    Thanks for the welcome and replies. I did buy it new online earlier this week.

6. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    If it's going to bother you, return it! $85.00 or $8,500.00, if you aren't happy let the seller know, but do it now, don't procrastinate, it's your money and the seller should want to make you a happy customer....ymmv....welcome home!

RJ

7. poolshark

poolshark Tele-Holic

Mar 20, 2011
    Tallahassee
    98% likely it's a finish crack. Extremely common. Wood expands and contracts - poly finishes, not so much. It likely just means you have a good, snug-fitting neck pocket. Given the price, if I liked the guitar otherwise, it wouldn't be worth the hassle of a return.

8. tominwa

tominwa Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2016
    Olympia, Wa
    There is a blues song in there somewhere.

9. William SantAna

William SantAna TDPRI Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Brazil
    It seems a crack in paint, not in body. The crack is too thin and shallow.
    Take it easy and go play.

10. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    Just play it, the guitar is fine.
    It's a finish crack, adds character, natural relicing
    Play it to death,

11. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I wouldn't worry about it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.