Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

NGD !!! Who made it??

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by czech-one-2, Mar 7, 2013.

1. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

Ok, heres probably my best ebay score to date. I won the guitar for about $300.00 [with shipping] on ebay UK as I wanted a backup to my MIM strat,but this one has become #1. The seller stated it was a copy, and that the EMG DG20's didnt work. He didnt know who made it or anything about it.It already had a battery route in it.The seller was awesome though, and sent a ton of gold hardware,screws,springs,neck plates,etc in a baggy,and a spare pickguard too, nice surprise!]
    I got the guitar and its a quality quilt top body with a nicely finished 2-tone sunburst and a chunky, highly flamed maple neck with jumbo frets. I replaced the tremolo with a MIM Fender unit,and I put some gold Grover tuners on it. The fender logos were already applied[the 'custom shop logo and neck plate are kinda overkill,but no big deal].I replaced the pickguard as the DG20's came with the ugly MOP pickguard and it just didnt look right.
    The EMG DG20 set was a simple one wire fix,and nearly worth the cost of the entire guitar. I love EMG's so it was like this guitar was meant for me.
    I had my father-in-law make a clear plexi battery cover. I had to shave the neck heel a bit to get the saddles lower but its playing and sounding great.I even added some neck mounting threaded inserts.It really looks amazing and the fret work is of high quality.I've had a couple gigs with it and it sounds as good as it looks. All told I've got about $400.00 into it but it was worth every penny.

There was no writing anywhere on the neck heel/pocket etc so I guess its origin will remain a mystery? Definately above Squier or MIC quality though, I would guess something comparable to Allparts,Mighty Mite [Or Better!].

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. czech-one-2

Nobody likes my strat :(
    :D

3. TheFullMonty

TheFullMonty Tele-Holic

Unless someone of the forum built it themselves, (unlikely) I think this one will remain a mystery. If it's a good guitar, don't let its uncertain source make you think any less of it! :cool:

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. czech-one-2

Thanx Monty, its a keeper for sure!
    Just need to find a small can of dark amber laquer to touch up the neck heel, or maybe some stain and clear laquer...

6. Bruxist

Bruxist Tele-Holic

Gorgeous! Seems like a great find! And great deal! Congrats.

7. czech-one-2

^ Thanks, I couldnt be happier!
    It was kinda risky as the seller knew almost nothing about it,but I figured the EMG DG20 set was going to be an easy fix. Turns out the whole thing surpassed my wildest hopes! :cool:

8. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity

Yea, that is nice..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.