Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

NGD- wayne's world mij squier

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by chris m., Jun 27, 2013.

1. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

Just got this Wayne's World MIJ Squier from '92. Amazing guitar in every way- best sounding Strat I have owned or played yet. All original. Pickups may be ceramic, I'm not sure. Body is basswood, bridge has thin crummy cast block, and yet it sounds amazing. Excalibur! I plan to open her up and examine the pickups more closely. There's a big rectangular magnet on the bottom of each pickup like a traditional humbucker design, but not sure if alnico or ceramic since I took only a peek.

Attached Files:

2. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

Aug 1, 2012
    That is awesome! I didn't know Fender issued a Wayne's World Strat!
  3. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw TDPRI Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Hailey, Idaho
    Someone lent me one for a while when I first started. It was pretty cool! It was pretty heavy as I recall. I thought it was a plywood body, but hard to tell under the paint. I did like that thing. I kinda wish I didn't have to give it back.

Congrats on finding one!
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

Mine is light, resonant, medium chunky neck with tight grain and really nice (nitro?) finish. According to what I've found on line after the first movie only a couple hundred were built MIJ, and after second movie there was a MIM edition. These are not to be confused with two 62' MIA reissues that were identically relic'd to serve as "Excalibur" props in the movie. But these were done in Olympic White/rosewood necks to copy the movie props.

I'm skeptical that only a couple hundred were made, but not sure how to validate that Internet claim. Guess I should call Fender.
  6. furtherpale

furtherpale Former Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Melbourne - 32
    12 year old me desperately wants one
  7. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2013
    st. louis, illinois
    what makes this different than any other squier strat? the neck plate? i bet somebody makes it... seems like a really easy one to fake...

regardless, it's a cool looking guitar with or without the neck plate
  8. momotrucker

momotrucker Tele-Meister

Aug 11, 2006
    i rememember reading a little article in guitar player when Big Al Anderson got sober...he said he was playing a wayne's world strat and loving it...
  9. furtherpale

furtherpale Former Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Melbourne - 32
    It's real according to many many forums... Only worth something if you like the movie... They are selling for about $400 after some searching... Great value for a MIJ strat
  10. CyanideJunkie

CyanideJunkie Tele-Holic

May 9, 2010
  11. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

Party on! There's a 12 year old hiding in me that would like one too. Way cool!
  12. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2003
    I'd file down the high E

Whammy Bah!

13. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

Nov 11, 2010
    Wolverhampton UK
  14. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

Nov 7, 2010
    My friend had one of those back before I even knew what a Stratocaster was. I remember it had a broken string and I kept trying to tune the remaining 5 thinking, "what the heck is wrong with this guitar?" (Obviously I didn't understand how the trem system worked yet.)
  15. gtrguru

gtrguru Friend of Leo's

Apr 29, 2011
    Detroit Metro
  16. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

Nov 19, 2004
    So. Illinois
    We'd love to buy one of those, but we're not worthy!
  17. UglyCasanova

UglyCasanova TDPRI Member

May 15, 2013
    Party on Garth!

Really cool find!
  18. dog fart

dog fart Friend of Leo's

Dec 16, 2009
    North Carolina
    I remember when those came out. There was a sheet of decals you could stick on the guitar. It said things like "shwing", "party time" and of course "excellent". I wanted to play Stairway on it, but I was denied :cry:
  19. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    Bunch of 'em up on Thebay, Schwing!!! Oddyoddyoddy...:lol:
  20. bobbyewing40

bobbyewing40 NEW MEMBER!

Jul 9, 2013
    hy guys, i have what apears to be a mij ww squier strat, exept for the neckplate , bought it second hand, and it is solid wood, it is an M serial, i also just bought an O serial squier mij strat that is plywood, ( both original contour body )but i could only see it clearly in the neck pocket. it is not so obvious like the korean plywood ones .
  21. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

Mar 22, 2010
    Those pup covers look suspiciously like the D. Allen creme. I know, I have them. See pic below. Could it be someone popped some of his pups in there? If so, you are a lucky man!

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.