Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD: Tele Performer - Vintage White with B-Bender

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Jett, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:02 PM.

1. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Aug 28, 2006
    Marietta, GA
    I picked up one of the new performer series Tele's, had not planned on buying a guitar, but this one spoke to me. I had wanted a B-bender guitar and thought this would be a cool guitar to have one installed in. I had the guitar for about a day and sent it off to Forrest Lee Jr. in Nashville. He did a really nice job, I had him recess the back cover. These new Tele's are super nice little guitars, once set up properly. It holds its own against some of my nicer Tele's. Lots of fun to play, I am still learning how to use the bender. Made a few other mods with the knobs and the P-Bass pickup cover for the ashtray. I tend to replace pots and pickups, cant seem to help myself, but so far I am happy with the stock set up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vgallagher, tintag27, DonM and 26 others like this.
  2. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I love it man. Looks like Mr. Lee does nice clean work. I need to send one of mine out for a bender like that. I have a Hip Shot that I play with occasionally but never tried one like yours. Enjoy!

3. Bowpickins

Bowpickins Tele-Meister

May 29, 2018
    Somewhere In TX
  4. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    Nice! He did some really nice work putting in the bender, and I love the logos on the backplate and that flame-looking rod that is part of the mechanism. Very cool!!!

5. jd_elam

jd_elam TDPRI Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Alabama
  6. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    DITTO!!! That is amazing looking!

7. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
  8. Jett

Jett Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Aug 28, 2006
    Marietta, GA
    Thanks everyone and yes Forrest did a great job and is super nice to deal with. His turn time was very quick as well. The logo is one I had laying around put on the back.

9. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Charlotte NC
  10. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  11. Ydwen Jones

Ydwen Jones TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Amsterdam
    Wow, there's something you don't see every day! Love the new Performer series. Just picked mine up, yesterday. Great color, too! HNGD!

12. ejphotos

ejphotos TDPRI Member

Jan 19, 2016
    New Jersey
  13. BladeStratford

BladeStratford TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Congrats on the new guitar - looks fantastic - and welcome to the Bender club! Keep it Bent!

14. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
  15. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
  16. heffus

heffus Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO
    Beautiful guitar. These sound really nice on the demos I've heard so far. Might have to go play one
    to see if I could get on with that skinny neck and huge frets. Or maybe wait for a loaded body
    to pop up on stratosphere.

17. roeg

roeg Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2015
    canada
    Picked up a performer before christmas that really grabbed me.Nice square edges on the body.light body.the neck was superb.The thing fell into tune,and stayed in tune beautifully.Rang out like a bell.Did i say i love the neck? Might be those jumbos,it really felt closer to a lespaul neck.

18. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    If that plays half as well as it looks, it's going to be pretty special.

19. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.