Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD Squier x's 2

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by tele-bastard, Jul 29, 2018.

1. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    Hi y'all I just wanted to share a few things with you. Back in the day; I only wanted Fenders and that's all I had. I did try a Classic Vibe butterscotch but I didn't feel it stacked up to my butterscotch BSB FSR MIM 52 which is now called the Fender Deluxe Ash Telecaster. I went a few years before trying another one, after all life was good and I had 13 telecasters at the time. Then times became tough and I had to sell pretty much my whole collection to pay for heat and put food on the table for my little girl when I lost my job of 11 years. When I sold an American Telecaster that was Rosewood and sunburst my heart was broken. Once I rebounded the only thing I could find was a classic Vibe custom. That guitar immediately put a smile on my face and stopped me from missing the fender tele. I actually liked the neck better as well as the build quality it just felt right. Since then I bought my daughter a Squier bullet mini Strat and was impressed with the tones coming out of that. This year I bought a surf green Telecaster but lost that as part of a Craigslist deal again when I needed money. It took a whole month and I put it on layaway but I got another Squier bullet surf green Telecaster for $80. This one is a 2017 model and has a Rosewood fretboard. ♡ These newer bullets don't seem to have sharp fret edges the pickups also seem to be responsive, upgraded and the tuners also seem better in the newer models. These are simply a great bang for the buck and a lot of people are saying they like the bullets better than the Affinity models on YouTube. Also, the week prior I bought at a surf green Mustang that was supposed to be discontinued and not available for $149. I would like to share that one with you all as well. I was so excited when I saw it however, I was stupid because I forgot to use a coupon that I had. Today there was somebody returning a guitar at GC so he could redeem the coupon and re-buy it. I decided to leave it be "a Deal's a deal". Both of these bullets really impressed the heck out of me. I also thought the tele was more resonant then the Brad Paisley model unplugged and I really recommend these Bullet Mustangs, they are so comfortable and have great tone. The pickups are not muddy like most fender humbuckers and even kind of reminds me of Gibson when I play it and dial the volume knob down a bit to simulate acoustic, very clear and very convincing. I am having fun with these twins. These days my Fender family is all Squier and they continue to put a smile on my face.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Ekko, 24 track, RoCkstAr256 and 2 others like this.

2. tele-bastard

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    Sorry about the sideways pictures I did it from my cell phone I don't know what happened

24 track likes this.

3. Rockhead

Rockhead Tele-Meister

Aug 28, 2010
    Delaware County, PA
    I've heard good things about the Bullet series. Is the mustang neck 24" scale or 25.5"? I was just at GC yesterday. Now I'm bummed I didn't try one. Enjoy!

tele-bastard likes this.

4. tele-bastard

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    24.75 which makes the strings pretty slinky just like a top loader Telecaster you can get crazy bends so you have to be careful absolutely fun

5. tele-bastard

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    They are also available in black, blue and white I'm probably going to get a black one. The surf greens we're not showing available and discontinued however when I walked in it was just sitting there so you never know. Either way tremendous value and killer guitar for next to nothing

6. Rockhead

Rockhead Tele-Meister

Aug 28, 2010
    Delaware County, PA
    Cool! Now how to convince the wife...

tele-bastard likes this.

7. tele-bastard

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    It's fairly reasonable she'll probably say yes maybe you can compromise and get her something and thank you for responding to my post by the way

8. tele-bastard

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    And I can't put down this mustang today

9. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    These new bullets seems to be better and Indonesian

tele-bastard likes this.

10. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Nice score , Im envious!.... too bad they dont come in lefty!:D:D:D

FYI, just because they sleep together doesnt mean they will breed!

tele-bastard likes this.

11. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    congratulations.... I should buy me a green tele! Can I blame you for GAS?

tele-bastard likes this.

12. Ekko

Ekko Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    Texas
    All Mustangs, including the new Squier Bullets, are 24” scale length, not 24.75” (standard Gibson) or 25.5” (standard Fender). :)

jemiba likes this.

13. tele-bastard

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    Absolutely that's what people keep on talking about on YouTube is that these one-sided Indonesian versus the affinities that I made in China

14. tele-bastard

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    Good to know I got that from the Guitar Center website in specifications on the product it wouldn't even come up on Guitar Centers website until I Googled seafoam green Mustang FSR and then there was guitar center link saying it wasn't available but had the specs and the reviews on there

15. Ekko

Ekko Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    Texas
    Yeah, it seems that Squier Mustangs (both Bullet and Vintage Modified) have been scrubbed from the Musicians Friend and Guitar Center websites. I don’t know if they aren’t going to sell them anymore or if it has to due with the MF/GC chain crossing over slowly to Indian Laurel fretboard or what. But you can still find accurate specs on the Fender Squier website, Sweetwater, etc.

Edit: That is to say listings to buy them haven’t been there the last few times I’ve checked since June and specifically the Indian Laurel nor backstock Rosewood Vintage Modifieds have been listed as recently as a few days ago still (haven’t checked on the Bullets for a few weeks).

tele-bastard likes this.

16. tele-bastard

Mar 27, 2011
    Lowell, Mass
    If you go into the stores you might find them because this one clearly said it wasn't available and it was. The girl said it happened on a couple of items she noticed as well.

Ekko likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.